Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

In Person Autos for HS/NCAA/Minor leagues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maryvillereb2003

Mar 29, 2010
Maryville,TN
I have the Tennessee Cols(NCAA)/Tennessee Smokies(Cubs)/Farragut Admirals(one of the best HS teams in the nation) in my vicinity. Is it generally easy to get in person autos from these events? I haven't been out to get IP's except for the Braves a few times.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Odds, are, it should be easy. Especially the Tennessee (V)ols? College kids are really eager to sign, because it's the thrill of it. The Smokies are minor league, and they should be easy.

Going to Farragut, you might look a little weird trying to graph 18 year olds, but hey, I waited outside for an hour or so after a game, waiting for some HS'rs (USA, but still)

If you decide to go to Farragut, LMK and we can 50/50 Delmonico. I need him on this year's card.

maryvillereb2003

Mar 29, 2010
Maryville,TN
TBTwinsFan said:
Odds, are, it should be easy. Especially the Tennessee (V)ols? College kids are really eager to sign, because it's the thrill of it. The Smokies are minor league, and they should be easy.

Going to Farragut, you might look a little weird trying to graph 18 year olds, but hey, I waited outside for an hour or so after a game, waiting for some HS'rs (USA, but still)

If you decide to go to Farragut, LMK and we can 50/50 Delmonico. I need him on this year's card.
ive been to some smokies/vols games but im not sure where i would get autographs.

thats what i was worried about for farragut lol, im 21 but itd still be awkward.

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego
maryvillereb2003 said:
TBTwinsFan said:

ive been to some smokies/vols games but im not sure where i would get autographs.

thats what i was worried about for farragut lol, im 21 but itd still be awkward.

Haha i'd only get hs autos if they had like usa cards or were espnu top 50 recruits for baseball or bball

maryvillereb2003

Mar 29, 2010
Maryville,TN
sdsportsfan1214 said:
maryvillereb2003 said:
TBTwinsFan said:

Haha i'd only get hs autos if they had like usa cards or were espnu top 50 recruits for baseball or bball
there are 2 USA guys on the farragut team

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
maryvillereb2003 said:
TBTwinsFan said:

I was 16... and it was still awkward. :lol:

It depends how dedicated you are... and the stadium layout. The only college games I have gone too were at the MetroDome, so I would stand on the dugout. IDK how the Vols and Smokies layout is. You can probably catch them coming into, or leaving the stadium, which of course, means time.

Just find a cluster of guys and ask them I guess. I go to them when I graph.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
maryvillereb2003 said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:
maryvillereb2003 said:
TBTwinsFan said:

IDK who the other one is, but one is Nicky Delmonico...

A pretty good player IMO.

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego
maryvillereb2003 said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:
maryvillereb2003 said:
TBTwinsFan said:

Buy a 10 card lot of each on Ebay and def graph those guys. I did that for Tony Wolters who played at a local high school and was a Usa guy last year

maryvillereb2003

Mar 29, 2010
Maryville,TN
sdsportsfan1214 said:
maryvillereb2003 said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:
maryvillereb2003 said:
TBTwinsFan said:

how i would do it without being weird is the question haha
Buy a 10 card lot of each on Ebay and def graph those guys. I did that for Tony Wolters who played at a local high school and was a Usa guy last year

maryvillereb2003

Mar 29, 2010
Maryville,TN
TBTwinsFan said:
maryvillereb2003 said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:
maryvillereb2003 said:
TBTwinsFan said:

IDK who the other one is, but one is Nicky Delmonico...

A pretty good player IMO.
phillip pfiefer

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
sdsportsfan1214 said:
maryvillereb2003 said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:
maryvillereb2003 said:
TBTwinsFan said:

I tried to get Wolters this past summer, I don't think he heard me. Oh well.

Delmonico is REALLY good IP. He is a very nice kid. He signed for me while on crutches :lol: and after scribbling my pen and realizing it wasn't working, he asked the entire team for a sharpie :lol: a trainer or coach gave him one.

Odds are, because it's Farragut (back to back to back state champs if I am not mistaken?) there will probably be some guys there trying to graph. That's what happened with Harper after his Power Showcase performance, he was flooded at his high school games.

It won't be bad for Delmonico, but I doubt you will be the only one.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Haha I am getting lost in all the quotes!

I think I saw Phiefer pitch too last summer.

Graphing to me is weird in general, unless it is a scheduled signing...

Just blend in with the other guys trying to graph... I doubt there will be many at Vols games, because for some reason, people don't like graphing IP baseball for NCAA

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
sdsportsfan1214 said:
Pfeifer was a beast at the Aflac game, he signed 14 cards for me, super chill kid

These kids are really happy to sign because they are so young and so new to it. I of course, keep everything I get PC, but still is fun.

Harper, Strasburg, etc etc all signed IP when they were young, up through the time they got drafted, then they basically quit because they were hounded so much.

Did you know Marcus Littlewood has a Topps backpack? (I think it was him anyway).

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
Nice to see another TN member on the boards. I'm just east of you in Kingsport. Actually have a very close friend from HS that lives in Maryville. Welcome to the boards.

Casey

Members online

Latest posts