Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Am I the only one....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
....who thinks this is a really stupid and pointless waste of not only 4 Nolan Ryan button cards, but 4 Nolan Ryan autographs?

[ebay:18lfderv]200578450768[/ebay:18lfderv]

$(KGrHqZ,!lgE1F4lVTZcBNYHFoWJYQ~~0_12.jpg

$(KGrHqZ,!jgE0vLevnN-BNYHFzBZ(g~~0_12.jpg

$(KGrHqR,!l!E1F4dZbsSBNYHF-gBQ!~~0_12.jpg

$(KGrHqV,!lME1F9)FM4GBNYHGJUt)!~~0_12.jpg

If he had just collected the 4 buttons, that would be a pretty cool collecting feat unto itself, but this to me
seems worse that those Beckett slabs that have a base card and random piece of jersey stuck in the slab.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I don't care for the aesthetics, as the autographs block the cards. If you are going to do something like that, go with some sort of shadowbox with autographed photos/balls/whatever of each of the events Ryan inscribed on the BGS holders.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Wow and yet ANOTHER brilliant money making idea gone wrong. I actually feel bad for this one as he is so off with the value its sad. Not only that but the sigs KILL the card and any value they may have.

I would even venture to say just the price of the autographs with the inscriptions are closer to the true value than his price.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
nyc3 said:
Wow and yet ANOTHER brilliant money making idea gone wrong. I actually feel bad for this one as he is so off with the value its sad. Not only that but the sigs KILL the card and any value they may have.

I would even venture to say just the price of the autographs with the inscriptions are closer to the true value than his price.
I mean, you could crack them out of the slab, but he's dreaming if he thinks those sigs are worth anything
more than the button cards themselves to anyone but him.

jacobbocce72

Aug 7, 2008
Austin, TX
I just wonder if the auto's on the case lower the price enough to be able to wipe off the auto's and resell for a higher price?

Even getting the auto's on the card itself would be a shame... but, the bgs case ::facepalm::

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Might be wrong but wasn't there some drama about these cards a few years ago? Could be a different run but I remember someone getting an assist from Beckett on completing a run of these only to turn around and try to cash in.

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
RITM said:
Might be wrong but wasn't there some drama about these cards a few years ago? Could be a different run but I remember someone getting an assist from Beckett on completing a run of these only to turn around and try to cash in.

Yeah, that was my thought as well. I definitely remember a Beckett article or two about this set.

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
jawdrop.gif

I think those are awesome. I still have my first ever bgs submission. If I could get those auto'd I'd be thrilled. I would love to tape off a section of the slab, rough it up with very fine grit sandpaper and have the player sign.

What I like about collecting is that everyone's collection is personal to them. I just bought 2 super rare items in the last couple days that I've wanted for a long time. Both items were pretty cheap and most collectors probably wouldn't even know or care about them but it would take a retarded sum of cash for me to sell them.

I'm sure if the right person found those listings they would sell for a decent amount. Nolan Ryan is not on my list of must haves but if a signed slab of a player I collected showed up I'd pay a premium.

Each to his own I guess.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts