Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What would you suggest? Griffey related

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
After looking through my collection today I realized the lack of a Ken Griffey Jr. autograph is unacceptable. I really need to add one, so my question is which one would you suggest? I am not looking to break the bank and an on-card autograph would be nice, but a sticker is also acceptable as long as it looks good on the card. So let me see your suggestions please. Thanks for the help.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
JVC said:
What's your budget?

Hmmm good question, less than 120$? Much less preferred

Right now I am mostly looking to see what other people have in hand and possibly find a gem that may not pick up on a scan in an auction.

Roy Birchler

Aug 7, 2008
Northern California
I have always liked these, there are several on Ebay. Usually sell for about $50.

1b3396ce.jpg

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Thanks to this topic I may need several now :D

I am loving the suggestions so far

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
For 120, you could get 2 or even 3 griffeys! But if you are just looking for one, these are my favorite "under 120" autos that have copies on the bay right now...
griffey04cbronze.jpg

griffey04aregular.jpg

masterpieceBT.jpg

ultdecades.jpg

01ultreg.jpg

edwards_everything

Aug 7, 2008
Roy Birchler said:
JVC said:
[quote="Roy Birchler":6ks99gmn]I have always liked these, there are several on Ebay. Usually sell for about $50.

1b3396ce.jpg

You can get those for around $35 now.

I see that one just ended for $29 with free shipping.[/quote:6ks99gmn]

If you go for one of these, make sure there is a really good scan. Some of the autos are "bubbled up" - if that makes sense. Not really smeared, but more kind of like the pen didn't take to the card. It doesn't always show up that way in the scan. If you can get one with a good auto - they are beautiful in person.

edwards_everything

Aug 7, 2008
You're welcome. Mine came all "bubbled-up." Luckily the seller worked with me since he didn't disclose it in the auction. I've seen ones that weren't "bubbled" and they do look nice.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
LaneyB said:
Here is a cheap, early autograph card. Serial numbered as well.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Ken-Griffey-Jr-Sign ... 240%3A1318

Those are always a good price for such early signatures...same goes for the Thomas versions. I believe someone was telling me you can get a PSA/DNA certified '89 UD signed for around $120 at times. Is this true Griffey guys? I don't own a Griffey signature either and I figure I'll grab a UD rookie signed one of these days.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts