Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Excited! - Hit the Power-Seller and Top-Rated Seller mark

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

butterjc81

Aug 13, 2008
State College, PA
Received my email notification over the weekend that I meet the standards for Power-Seller and Top Rated Seller on Ebay. Took me three months to get these marks and I am very happy about it, just thought I would share the news!

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Congrats. To keep it, I highly suggest shipping within 2 days and offering freeing shipping on any items that will sell over $10. If not, you will lose it soon enough.

skrip

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
ThoseBackPages said:
yes, always do free shipping
I charge 2 for shipping and have been a power seller and top rated seller for a while. I do try to ship in the first day or 2.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
Just checked my ratings, and apparently, I'm $80 short of the minimum dollar limit over the last 3 months to qualify. Ratings fine, transaction count fine, just not enough cash! :(

jubei777

Aug 7, 2008
I got mine again but I figure it's just a matter of time before I lose it due to some trigger happy DSR's. It seems to come in waves. D/C info loaded into eBay seems to have helped though over the last few months.

butterjc81

Aug 13, 2008
State College, PA
$3000 and 100 transactions over a 3-month period

Then you have to keep certain feedback and DSR standards, which with 300 feedback at 100% positive I have done, except somebody gave me a positive feedback and gave me a 2 on each DSR, so I have one of those on my current evaluation, the limit is 2.

allstarauction

Aug 7, 2008
I get the feeling more and more people are intentionally leaving low ratings to try to screw sellers after the ebay crackdown.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
I literally lost it one day (with no warning despite them saying that they notified me that I was at risk), checked my ratings which said I was at 2.37% on shipping time, and I then came back the next day and I am in perfect compliance. So I lost my silver powerseller status, top seller status, and a 5% discount over 1 days worth of ratings and they won't re-evaluate it for another month.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
Van Slyke Collector said:
$3000 and 100 transactions over a 3-month period

Then you have to keep certain feedback and DSR standards, which with 300 feedback at 100% positive I have done, except somebody gave me a positive feedback and gave me a 2 on each DSR, so I have one of those on my current evaluation, the limit is 2.
Is that still the benchmark? Ebay gave me both PowerSeller and Top-Rated Seller about 5 months ago and I hardly sell that much. It's a nice thing to have but I'm not sure how I deserved it, well at least the PowerSeller status. My DSR's are 5, 5, 5, & 4.9-5.0 so I think I deserve the Top-Rated Seller at least. Congrats on your elevated status!

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
its getting tough to keep. I always ship next day if I dont I refund the s/h charge. I figure if they get their package in three days or less they'll be happy and leave a good dsr. then again there are some pricks out there that will never be happy and like dinging peoples dsr for fun

loftlife

Feb 7, 2010
I am a power and top rated seller. I now charge 2.50 to ship... I use 2 poly mailers. I fold the first one over almost like a trifold (card in sideways) then place in the second poly mailer. 98% of the time I mail the next day.

DSR's 4.9-5-5-4.9

I get a 20% discount on Ebay fees and they even mailed me a certificate suitable for framing :D :lol:

massey

Jun 3, 2010
I have both power seller and top rated seller status currently but was dinged by one feedback. I maybe close to losing it. Anyone know how to figure out which item cause the bad feedback? I also noticed that ebay removed one feedback without my knowledge. Good to know they're reviewing some of these low end feedbacks.

butterjc81

Aug 13, 2008
State College, PA
I also charge $2.50 for shipping to US bidders and always do combined shipping and notice I have alot of people who buy more than one item and they generally appreciate the combined shipping.

massey

Jun 3, 2010
Do folks think $2.99 for shipping is generally too high? I've been fine so far but the lowest I would probably go is $2.49 for a single card.

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
massey said:
Do folks think $2.99 for shipping is generally too high? I've been fine so far but the lowest I would probably go is $2.49 for a single card.

I do 1.99 on all my auctions. That covers shipping with DC and leaves $0.58 for packaging, which is more than enough if you recycle bubble mailers.

Members online

Latest posts