Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Frack frack frack!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
Oh no! I listed a ton of auctions and mistakenly set them for 1 day instead of 7 days. I just realized this now and only 7 hours to go. There is no way I can cancel them. I think I am going to cry. :(

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
prospectorgems said:
Oh no! I listed a ton of auctions and mistakenly set them for 1 day instead of 7 days. I just realized this now and only 7 hours to go. There is no way I can cancel them. I think I am going to cry. :(
Not w/o retracting bids for the ones with bids already.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
Krom said:
prospectorgems said:

I don't think you can do that when there is less then 12 hours to go. This the message I receive when I try to cancel bids.

"Your listing can't be ended early if there are bids on the item, the reserve price has been met, or the listing ends in 12 hours or less."

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
this really sucks. I remember I sold a card a couple of weeks ago with a 1 day auction and the setting saved and I just didn't realize it until I looked at how my auctions were doing today. Some people are going to get some mega steals. Oh well, at least nothing was really high end so I will just chalk it up to a stupid mistake and lesson learned.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
J-Rod said:
shatty but how do you not notice the time? That is one of the first things I check.

I guess I just took it for granted from all the years of selling. Thought I was smart enough to look at that, but I guess I got sloppy in my selling practices.

n1astrosfn

Dec 4, 2008
charlotte
prospectorgems said:
Krom said:
prospectorgems said:

I don't think you can do that when there is less then 12 hours to go. This the message I receive when I try to cancel bids.

"Your listing can't be ended early if there are bids on the item, the reserve price has been met, or the listing ends in 12 hours or less."

this. list your auctions here and i guarantee they go for twice what they normally do. no worries tho, people will see it even if its a monday

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
There really is no way to end them? I have been bidding on an auction and watched it end early with a minute left and bids in place... it was a while ago, a few years, but... seems like there must be a way.

Did you try options like "item is damaged/no longer for sale"?

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
n1astrosfn said:
prospectorgems said:
Krom said:
prospectorgems said:

this. list your auctions here and i guarantee they go for twice what they normally do. no worries tho, people will see it even if its a monday

That's true. I should have in the first place. Another lesson learned. The red flag in my mind should have went off this morning when I saw some cards really jumped in price. That typically never happens until the last day. Ha, I will just chalk up my stupidity to the snowstorm that we got hit with. :D

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
RL24 said:
There really is no way to end them? I have been bidding on an auction and watched it end early with a minute left and bids in place... it was a while ago, a few years, but... seems like there must be a way.

Did you try options like "item is damaged/no longer for sale"?

They must have changed their services. That option isn't even there as I would have to cancel any bids first. I guess I can and the ones that don't currently have bids on them and at least suck some of it up...if I can.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
prospectorgems said:
I did this before, not sure how I did it, and after realizing what I had done I called ebay and spoke to a CS rep. They went through and changed all my auctions to 7 days for free.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
Rickzcards said:
prospectorgems said:
I did this before, not sure how I did it, and after realizing what I had done I called ebay and spoke to a CS rep. They went through and changed all my auctions to 7 days for free.

Thank you, I am going to give them a call now and see if they can fix this.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
I called ebay and they were very easy to deal with. Couldn't get them to extend the listings or end them, but that's ok, I don't feel as bad about it since it's just money...right? ha ha, thanks for letting me vent.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Welcome to prospectorgems (prospector_gems) EBAY auction showcase page.
This user currently does not have any ebay auctions listed
?

Have they been taken down? Or is that not your eBay ID (that's what's linked to your profile here)?

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
D-Lite said:
Welcome to prospectorgems (prospector_gems) EBAY auction showcase page.
This user currently does not have any ebay auctions listed
?

Have they been taken down? Or is that not your eBay ID (that's what's linked to your profile here)?

Hmmmmmm......I see that they are still there. I did end about 10 auctions that had no bids on them. But when I got to my ebay page I see they are all still there. Yes, the prospector_gems id is correct.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
J-Rod said:
At least you probably tripled your money spamming your mistake

Ha ha, so not the idea of the rant. I should put a disclaimer here.

***I am not spamming my auctions, in fact, if you see this message, don't bid on my items and let me be the moron that loses a ton.