Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A CALM eBay situation...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
So I bought a T. Hansbrough auto RC as a birthday present for a buddy of mine that also happens to be a huge UNC fan. (Is that a correctly typed sentence?)

Anywhooo, I won his card at auction but noticed I overpaid according to eBay store prices. So, I hit the BIN at $5.99 on another one.

Well, I get one in time and happy F'N birthday. A week or 2 goes by and the other hasn't arrived. I go to file a claim, bit it seems the guy actually mailed the card but it only got to KC MO.

Seller responded, but hasn't emailed in 3 days.

Question:

1. Do I even file with PayPal?
2. Is there a date that I should file?

Thanks,

Adam

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Adamsince1981 said:
So I bought a T. Hansbrough auto RC as a birthday present for a buddy of mine that also happens to be a huge UNC fan. (Is that a correctly typed sentence?)

Anywhooo, I won his card at auction but noticed I overpaid according to eBay store prices. So, I hit the BIN at $5.99 on another one.

Well, I get one in time and happy F'N birthday. A week or 2 goes by and the other hasn't arrived. I go to file a claim, bit it seems the guy actually mailed the card but it only got to KC MO.

Question:

Thanks,

Adam

What's the weather been like.. SNOW?.. I knwo the midwest got hammered.. Also today is a postal holiday..

When I am putting in feedback, I look at all the variables.. I've shipped stuff that took a tour of the US before going to where it was supped to end up.. Sometimes the post office just flakes!!.. and you can't blame the seller for that..

Good luck

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
Variables checked.

Card shipped 2/3/11.

Pinbreaker said:
Adamsince1981 said:

Question:

Thanks,

Adam

What's the weather been like.. SNOW?.. I knwo the midwest got hammered.. Also today is a postal holiday..

When I am putting in feedback, I look at all the variables.. I've shipped stuff that took a tour of the US before going to where it was supped to end up.. Sometimes the post office just flakes!!.. and you can't blame the seller for that..

Good luck

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Adamsince1981 said:
Variables checked.

Card shipped 2/3/11.

Pinbreaker said:
Adamsince1981 said:

Question:

Thanks,

Adam

Good luck

Send a final e-mail, if he doesn't respond or you don't get the card tomorrow.. I'd file a chargeback.. It's been 18 days since you paid.. That's too long even with the weather we have had..

If you look at the tracking number, there should be a postage printed date and then a processed at the post office date.. If the processed at the post office date is within a few days.. then it's the post office's fault and not the seller..

Good luck,

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
If tracking indicates it is enroute, I would wait at least 3 weeks to a month. Postal delays do happen from time to time, but sometimes things also get lost. You have 45 days from date of purchase to get your claim in, so you're still covered if it does not arrive after a month.

Now if the tracking indicates nothing, or there is no tracking, then I'd say file the claim. I tend to give sellers more leeway when they use tracking.

Members online

Latest posts