Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Five Star is Live - Already have my first Peterson

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Saw that card over on Blowout.
Nice looking card.

I really like the cards I've seen thus far. Waiting to see some sellers let auctions ride.......as I've actually seen a few BIN/BO's that weren't all that outrageous considering the price point and that they are the first up. Just seems the bar is being set lower than I would have thought considering they look like quality high-end cards. Which pretty much has never been the case with Topps.

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
I cant stand that the Red Zone autos are in this product as an Auto hit. Complete BS.

As I said before, Im in this for the singles, but that is lame even on my end. It would be one thing if it were ONLY bradford, bryant and tebow, but Montario Hardesty? Thats a 2 dollar card.

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
wheeler281 said:
bradical said:
My, how AD's sig has changed since 2007.

Yeah hes rolling right down the ole chris johnson and Mendnehall alley

Im pissed he switched too, wish he would go back to the old one with the 28.

AK11

May 24, 2010
The checklist is missing Barry Sanders and Aaron Rodgers. Bummer...

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
I got a GU letter 'T' of Peterson from Five Star today, it's getting ready for ebay, the one thing I don't like about Topps use of letters is they cut it off the jersey without leaving any part of the jersey still attached. It's just a big white 'T' with a few purple stitches stuck directly into the big empty grey cardboard window.

AK11

May 24, 2010
Gellman said:
Rodgers is a tough guy to get signatures from. Barry, who knows.

Yeah, according to the checklist of Rodgers cards on beckett.com, he has only one hard-signed card by himself since his rookie year. He does have a bunch of hard-signed cards with multiple players, but maybe he could start signing more now he is a SB MVP.

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
AK11 said:
Gellman said:
Rodgers is a tough guy to get signatures from. Barry, who knows.

Yeah, according to the checklist of Rodgers cards on beckett.com, he has only one hard-signed card by himself since his rookie year. He does have a bunch of hard-signed cards with multiple players, but maybe he could start signing more now he is a SB MVP.

He will have to be approached if Topps wants to continue with their Ring of Honor set. Im sure he will get some signatures, it just wont be on the level that it probably should be.

Some other glaring omissions from this set are becoming apparent as well:

Dez - he could end up being the next TO with no desire to sign
Mike Williams
Arian Foster
Barry
Rodgers
Flacco
Andre Johnson
Calvin Johnson
Montana
Rice

However, they have been replaced with guys who rarely get the opportunity to be in sets:

Ed Reed
Darelle Revis
Junior Seau - Probably will be a HOF
Howie Long
Terrell Owens

etc.

Not necessarily the best move, but usually these products come together in the matter of a year plus. Topps did this in a few months. Cant get everyone.

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
I was pretty disappointed with the omission of Montana among the list of autos. I've seen a patch card, but no autos is disappointing.

Members online

Latest posts