Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

"The Man" Mailday...If you dont come in you are missing out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
If you all werent aware, Stan Musial did a private signing at the Bob Feller Museum on February 12th.
In all of my years collecting Stan, I never have had anything personally signed by Musial for me.
When this opportunity came up, I had to jump at the chance, he is 90 years old.
I kept thinking to myself, what to get signed?? I have bats signed, I have balls signed, I have pictures signed and so on.
Then it clicked......my very first card I ever bought of "The Man", his 1948 Bowman RC.
Back story, when I was a kid, we had a card shop in our neighborhood. In 1985, I bought sooooo much Topps with my weekly allowance, I wanted something different. So I was looking at the revolving case one day and there it was along with many other 1948 Bowman's, Stan Musial. So I asked the owner how much, he said $20, just happened that I had saved up that much, so I laid my twenty on the counter and walked out with this card. To be honest, how I didnt lose this card in all my years of moving from the parents, to college, to now is amazing.
As I was packing up this card to mail off to the museum, I ran across the 2006 Allen and Ginter of Musial (Allen and Ginter is by far my favorite set) and I thought you know what, get that one signed too, you know how it looks from the mini that was in the set, so I packed that up and off they went.

When I got home today, in my mailbox was a package from the Bob Feller Museum, here were the contents in all their glory.........

48bowmanmusialauto.jpg

allengintermusialauto.jpg

Blown away, awed, impressed, words cant describe how thrilled I am to have both of these in my Permanent Collection!!!

IndyKMB

Jan 29, 2011
Central HoosierLand
Best read for me in a long time regarding cards and back stories.
Congrats on those autos, which look better than most 25-30 year olds are putting on cards today.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
The 48 Musial is one of my favorites! Have you read Stan the Man yet? Helluva book. He is definitely a class act and someone to be admired.

chromerookies

Aug 7, 2008
Madison, Ct.
Great Story and Congrats on those Beautiful autos! I've gotten him numerous times thru his website and IP on over 17 different items (mostly cards) and have 3 more cards that I'm gonna send out by the end of this week to have signed by him. They are always very professional and quick to return your items to you. Stan's by far a class act and one of the nicest HOFers that I have ever met.

-Dan

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
vintagerookies51 said:
Autos look amazing! :shock: congrats! I would send my stan the man RC TTM but I wouldn't want to lose it! :lol:
I sent 3 of them to him and didnt have any problems. Just make sure you insure it.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
So sick! Signed vintage is making quite a return these days, wish I could afford some Greenberg signed Play Ball or something.

Members online

Latest posts