Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 Ultimate Patch Set...Almost done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigfan5

Aug 7, 2008
I'm fairly certain I'm two cards away from finally completing the 2009 Ultimate Jumbo Patch set. There are 4 cards I haven't seen released therefore I'm confident they don't exist. Of course UD can release them as redemptions or replacements but after a year it doesn't look too promising.

The cards I'm missing are Rickie Weeks and Ken Griffey Jr. Reds Uniform. I've seen both cards and have a feeling the Weeks will be fairly easy to locate. The Griffey wasn't packed out as far as I can tell so I don't imagine the full /35 exist in public. Anyone who can help me locate either card will receive a generous finders fee. I recently got turned onto a Youkalis I need and a gift will be leaving shortly. ;)

The link to my set is in my sig and I'll say thanks in advance for any help people on the boards can supply.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Wish I could help. Just wanted to mention that I still find myself stopping by to check out the Ben Gurion/Meir Cut, it's a fabulous piece.

Have you gotten a chance to visit Israel recently? I have not been there in a few years.

Bigfan5

Aug 7, 2008
Topnotchsy said:
Wish I could help. Just wanted to mention that I still find myself stopping by to check out the Ben Gurion/Meir Cut, it's a fabulous piece.

Have you gotten a chance to visit Israel recently? I have not been there in a few years.

Still my favorite card of all time and the one I won't sell. I actually have never been to Israel and can't wait to do it. unless work takes me I'll probably wait until my kids are a bit older and can appreciate ti before I go. I've recently made a couple of friends with people who've recently moved from there so I'll have some great insights to local likes and dislikes when we finally get there.

ThoseBackPages said:
Hows the '75 Set coming along? :)

I'm taking a little break as I spent a ton out of the gate. I'm about 1/6 of the way done and I have the major rookies already. I spent about 1500 in one day getting the Rice, Carter, young and Brett RC's so that tapped me out a bit. What;s crazy though si that the Aaron #1 card just went for 560 or so, the Ryan is around 1700 and the Schmidt just went for over 500. This one is going to be slow and extremely expensive!!!

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Bigfan5 said:
Topnotchsy said:

Still my favorite card of all time and the one I won't sell. I actually have never been to Israel and can't wait to do it. unless work takes me I'll probably wait until my kids are a bit older and can appreciate ti before I go. I've recently made a couple of friends with people who've recently moved from there so I'll have some great insights to local likes and dislikes when we finally get there.

ThoseBackPages said:
Hows the '75 Set coming along? :)

I'm taking a little break as I spent a ton out of the gate. I'm about 1/6 of the way done and I have the major rookies already. I spent about 1500 in one day getting the Rice, Carter, young and Brett RC's so that tapped me out a bit. What;s crazy though si that the Aaron #1 card just went for 560 or so, the Ryan is around 1700 and the Schmidt just went for over 500. This one is going to be slow and extremely expensive!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

insane indeed! nothing wrong with a re-coup break :)

Bigfan5

Aug 7, 2008
And it looks like the Weeks is now accounted for by an amazing member who asked to remain nameless although he does collect Jackie Robinson and is one of the best around here. He's completely nameless but if you really wanted to find out who he was his name might have the number that goes between 94 and 96 in it....just sayin.

So only the Griffey to go and that one will get a super huge finders fee!

MadHandle11

Jan 31, 2011
Spokane, WA
I search eBay almost every day for Griffey patches and haven't seen one of the Reds' variety pop up yet. I'll let you know if I do. Good luck in the hunt!

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
I remember seeing how long the checklist was when the product came out and figuring half of those probably didn't exist. Amazing how far you are on it and it should only be a matter of time before you find a griffey. I didn't think this set was realistically possible.

OhioBobcat3

Aug 7, 2008
Ohio
I was wondering if you snagged the Hafner the other day. Glad to see it end up in your hands, and good luck finding the Griffey! :)

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
That's awesome Greg! Congrats on the Weeks. You're a great and very generous board member, so it's great to hear someone helped you with the Weeks. Good luck on the Griffey Reds. I will keep my eyes open for you.

When you finish the set, are you going to make a thread with all of the images showing it's awesomeness?

George already asked, but have you heard anything from UD? Hopefully they can help some as well.

martincp

Aug 10, 2008
Bigfan5 - DAMN.

I just looked at the photobucket link to your set and my head is spinning. Incredible work - and good luck with the last card.

Bigfan5

Aug 7, 2008
The Upper Deck service department is fairly useless. I spoke with two service representatives who knew nothing of the 2009 Ultimate Patch set. The first admitted as such and transferred me to a "card expert." This "expert" went on to tell me that all the patch cards listed on the website were in fact produced and sent out in packs. I then told him he was 100% incorrect and that all were not packed out. He then proceeded to tell me that if Albert Pujols was numbered to 5 then 5 were produced. I thanked him for the math lesson but assured him that I was capable of counting myself.

I made him then check with the redemption department and he informed me that certain patch cards were sent out as "bonuses" to people who didn't get their proper mystery cuts. I asked which cards were "bonuses" and he checked with his manager and then informed me that Kevin Youkalis was one of them. I then asked which others and he said that they were not allowed to disclose such information.

I asked to speak to this manager and was told he was in a meeting. The funny thing is that he spoke to the manager not ten seconds before I asked to speak with him but magically the manager went into a meeting within that 10 second period.

Bottom line is the Upper Deck service department sucks. The guy I spoke with had absolutely no knowledge of the cards in question and wasn't the least bit helpful. If anyone here know of knowledgeable embers of the service department or someone else to speak with i'd appreciate it.

I plan on making this a separate post as maybe someone from UD reads this site and can help out.

Members online

No members online now.