Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

It took a while but George Springer Chrome AUs..wow!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
They didn't show for quite some time.

[phil:23dvuvlh]180627700337[/phil:23dvuvlh] - Black /25 Auto - $400+
[phil:23dvuvlh]170607306221[/phil:23dvuvlh] - Base /99 Auto - $130

[phil:23dvuvlh]110652086893[/phil:23dvuvlh] - Already $70+ for another base ending tonight. Kind of interesting when you can pick up Springer's Topps USA auto for $20 - [phil:23dvuvlh]120684759923[/phil:23dvuvlh]

Frankly, after looking at a lot of these autos in related to the tracker I was running http://freedomcardboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=121033&hilit=wrapper+tracker I'm just stunned at the hit or miss variety of these hits.

A $9.99 Ragira or a $400+ Springer or Bradley, a $60 Brentz or a $1,000 Harper.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Any thoughts on his Topps Chrome USA Autos? I have 2 and was hoping for a bigger spike...

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Messier2 said:
Any thoughts on his Topps Chrome USA Autos? I have 2 and was hoping for a bigger spike...

That's what is a little confusing, prices for his sterling blacks /25 and these chromes is unreal but the rest of his stuff seems to be holding steady or moving slightly up.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
masonphillip said:
Messier2 said:

That's what is a little confusing, prices for his sterling blacks /25 and these chromes is unreal but the rest of his stuff seems to be holding steady or moving slightly up.

The TC has actually gone DOWN from its high of close to $70 to right now under $40... ::facepalm::

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Messier2 said:
masonphillip said:
Messier2 said:

The TC has actually gone DOWN from its high of close to $70 to right now under $40... ::facepalm::

Its a paper card, an "off-brand" as opposed to Chrome and USA sets which are much more staples and generally is in the worst condition from a grading perspective of the three.

Frankly, it'd be the last one I'd buy.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
1) Serial numbering.
2) Chrome.
3) Topps milking the USA teams like a cow.

That explains the downfall of the TC autos.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
1) Serial numbering.
2) Chrome.
3) Topps milking the USA teams like a cow with multiple udders.

fixed

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
1) Serial numbering.
2) Chrome.
3) Topps doing the same thing that Upper Deck did, and what should have been expected.

Fixed again.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
beefycheddar said:
Jaypers said:
1) Serial numbering.
2) Chrome.
3) Topps doing the same thing that Upper Deck did, and what should have been expected.

Fixed again.

well played.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
I think I've been the biggest critic of Topps since they started USA cards. They have actually done a great job this year in NOT killing the brand or milking the license.

They could have easily made a lot more sets/autos, but they did it rather strategically in the big picture. The wrapper base chrome 18u autos are pretty much pointless, but the blacks are a good parallel. The collegiate base & black are both highly collectable and then only chrome autos of those players.

Since the draft seems to be a college heavy one, especially in the early going, it makes sense as to why they're trending way up. Plus, I'm sure it's a certain bidder buying them, which helps as well.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Sterling and the Wrapper redemption cards should have a strong market for them. Between Sterling and Wrappers there are only 150 total chrome autographs of a lot of 2011's top draft picks. That is less than blue refractor print runs.

Also I got refunded today on an Esposito Black Sterling because it got destroyed in the mail. So there are 149 of his.

Members online

Latest posts