Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Trimming down the PC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nov 6, 2009
Texas
Currently, my baseball PC is huge, as far as the number of players I collect. I'm looking at trimming this down.

Right now, the list is: Nolan Ryan, Craig Biggio, Jeff Bagwell, Lance Berkman, Roy Oswalt, Hunter Pence, Michael Bourn, Bud Norris, Chris Johnson, Tommy Manzella, Wesley Wright, Jason Castro, J.A. Happ, Brett Wallace, Brian Bogusevic, Koby Clemens, T.J. Steele, Jay Austin, Rene Garcia, Telvin Nash, Tanner Bushue, Collin DeLome, Jiovanni Mier, Jon Gaston, Brian Pelligrini, Edwin Maysonet, Brad James, Wandy Rodriguez, and various prospects.

I'm thinking about trimming this down to: Nolan Ryan, Craig Biggio, Jeff Bagwell, Lance Berkman, Roy Oswalt, Hunter Pence, Jordan Lyles and Jonathan Villar.

Any opinions?

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I collect primarily Cubs stars. My logic is that only players who accomplished something worthwhile for my favorite team are worth focusing on. I'll pick up a single autograph of players who were decent, but little else of those guys. The result is that I don't have the best collection of any particular player, but I do have a nice overall collection. You also have the benefit of the cards having some value if you ever need to move them.

AK11

May 24, 2010
I live near Houston and understand the Astros focus of collecting. Of the ones you are thinking of narrowing down to, consider Biggio, Pence, and Lyles. I know Nolan has value, but Biggio is clearly one of the best Astros ever and affordable for collecting purposes. Pence is still in Houston while Berkman and Oswalt are gone giving him further notoriety as a Astro. I have heard good things about Lyles even though he is a pitching prospect which is still risky. I would pick Lyles though over Villar though, who I am not convinced of yet. Just my 2 cents. Happy hunting for whichever you decide on.

Members online

Latest posts