Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fair Price for 08 BC Porcello Gold Refractor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
Haven't seen any up in forever + I p/u 1 up pretty cheaply in the offseason. Assuming porcello does well this year, what do you think is the potential on this card? If you were selling now, what would you sell for?

Firebirds11

Oct 6, 2010
matchpenalty said:
People still collect Porcello? He went from all the rage to forgotten pretty quick. Is he a lock to make starting rotation?

Yes, he's a lock. He's not really forgotten.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
A raw gold is probably somewhere from $40-$65 based on the last few to sell but there haven't been any listed for a couple months. I'd estimate that they're worth slightly more now, maybe $50-$75 with ST right around the corner.....and with him being compared to Maddux and Glavine :lol:

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
matchpenalty said:
People still collect Porcello? He went from all the rage to forgotten pretty quick. Is he a lock to make starting rotation?
so he did. i don't collect him, but this just seemed rather cheap, so i figure w/a few good outings, i can make some good $

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
A raw gold is probably somewhere from $40-$65 based on the last few to sell but there haven't been any listed for a couple months. I'd estimate that they're worth slightly more now, maybe $50-$75 with ST right around the corner.....and with him being compared to Maddux and Glavine :lol:
maddux, eh? well, he was my favorite player lol gotta hype porcello up :lol: i got it for 40ish...seemed low, so hope he can pull it together for some hype :p

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
rainmanesq said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
maddux, eh? well, he was my favorite player lol gotta hype porcello up :lol: i got it for 40ish...seemed low, so hope he can pull it together for some hype :p

Nice. I made a killing on Porcello in 09 when his prices peaked and have amassed an enormous collection/stash since his prices dropped into the dirt.

I've watched most of his starts since he reached the Majors and he has way too much talent and potential NOT to break out soon. The sinker is great when it's on and can be enough on its own to make him successful. But the offspeed are just downright nasty when they're on, especially the changeup. He just needs to be more consistent with them so he can throw them in any count.

It's clear that he has the potential to be the great pitcher most thought he would be. I think it's just a matter of time before he gets there.

Here's the article where Leyland compares him to Maddux and Glavine in their early years:
http://motorcitybengals.com/2011/02/15/leyland-compares-rick-porcello-to-hall-of-fame-hurlers/

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
blazers091 said:
not much if he throws 85 mph fastballs down the middle of the plate like he did last year.

Not that he did it with any consistency because he usually works with a sinker in the 88-92 range, but I've seen him hit 98 a number of times when throwing his 4-seamer. Just sayin.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
matchpenalty said:

Porcello is definately not forgotten.

blazers091 said:
not much if he throws 85 mph fastballs down the middle of the plate like he did last year.

Umm......no.

Latest posts