Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Notorious Event-Used Mail Day of Hot Dog Proportions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Over the years, people have wondered what the "coolest" item in my collection is, and often the item that is the "coolest" to me isn't even close to the most valuable. Case in point to today's mail day.

Without further adieu...the Notorious B.O.B.'s shirt from the 2010 Nathan's Hot Dog Finals on July 4th, 2010. Even my wife got a kick out of it, and she's bored to tears when I acquire anything sports related that is game-used.

Not sure if Bob is around, as he was going "technologically dark" for a period but regardless...a huge thanks and it's a great addition to my collection. And yes, it's now the coolest item in my collection...and without question an amazing conversation piece.

Screen capture from ESPN as seen wearing the following...
notorious-bob-capture.jpg

The shirt, signed and a signed photo with his former stage moniker of "Humble Bob"
notorious-bob-shirt.jpg

For those curious...Bob gobbled 34 dogs that day to finish in 5th. He is still the record holder for the most volume and weight consumed in a competition when he snarfed down an insane 312 fluid ounces of salmon chowder in 6 minutes with a spoon. Those 312 fl oz weighed in at an amazing 23.4lbs.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
That shirt is XXXL! Wow! :D

If you ever go completely broke from your crazy collection (I still LOVE the old French monster card you sent me yonks ago) you could always buy some cheap aluminum rods and set that baby up as a tent. Get back to nature and such.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Bob was kind enough to wash the shirt....so no, no spell of onions, hot dogs, or even Coney Island.

As for Gilmore giving him a run for his money...no chance. Just think about drinking 312 fluid ounces of anything in 6 minutes, even water. Then change that water to a heavy cream based salmon chowder. Most humans can't drink a gallon of anything in an hour due to the size of the average stomach, Bob basically ate 2.5 gallons of a heavy cream based soup in six minutes.

HumbleBob

Aug 2, 2009
Even though I am now Notorious B.O.B., I am humbled that you would say that is the coolest thing in your collection. It was really just meant to be a small "Thank you".

As far as Joey, he signs everything that is sent to this address that includes an SASE. It may take some time as they only forward bulk mailings to his personal address. Once it gets to him he is fairly quick. It also helps if you say that I refered you and that I think he is overrated!

International Federation of Competitive Eating
ATTN: Joey Chestnut autograph
18 East 41st. Street, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10017

As far as me, you can PM and I will provide an address you can use. I am usually a very quick signer as I like to get stuff out of the way.

Happy collecting to all!

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
HumbleBob said:
Even though I am now Notorious B.O.B., I am humbled that you would say that is the coolest thing in your collection. It was really just meant to be a small "Thank you".

As far as Joey, he signs everything that is sent to this address that includes an SASE. It may take some time as they only forward bulk mailings to his personal address. Once it gets to him he is fairly quick. It also helps if you say that I refered you and that I think he is overrated!

International Federation of Competitive Eating
ATTN: Joey Chestnut autograph
18 East 41st. Street, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10017

As far as me, you can PM and I will provide an address you can use. I am usually a very quick signer as I like to get stuff out of the way.

Happy collecting to all!

Lol... I didn't realize Bob was a board member! I do need to get Joey to sign something. I've been telling the San Jose Giants to have him come out to throw out the ceremonial for years but they won't listen. He might not live out here anymore but the A's had him throw out the first pitch a few years ago. Anyway, enough rambling...

Latest posts