Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Daric Barton

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
pujolsjunkie said:
With Giambi and Cust around, I'd say his job is very much in jeopardy.
Jack Cust didn't even own a glove in the Minors and Giambi is hardly the first-baseman you want when you think you're going to contend.

All reports lead to Cust falling down somewhere in the outfield with Giambi eating Twinkies and "playing" DH.

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
js0000001 said:
pujolsjunkie said:
With Giambi and Cust around, I'd say his job is very much in jeopardy.

aren't these DH guys

Can't both DH, and they both certainly deserve to play over Barton. I think we'll see a good dose of Giambi at 1B, unless they want to get adventurous and stick Cust back in LF now and then. Yeesh.

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
Per Rotoworld:

Manager Bob Geren said Thursday that Daric Barton "might be a touch behind" during spring training after undergoing hip surgery and having his tonsils removed.
Geren will try to fit Barton, Jason Giambi, Jack Cust and Travis Buck into three lineup spots and Barton is the obvious choice to be the odd man out. "He'll need to come in and have a nice spring and a good start to the season," Geren said. "The guys who are performing will play."

Members online

Latest posts