Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official Fantasy Baseball announcement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
If you have a league, fine. But no bumping the threads trying to get members, either you have them or you do not. Do not use this board to spam your leagues. This is a one time post and there will be no more talk on it.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
scotty21690 said:
What's the big deal? Better those than dozens of prospect threads to sift through.....

If leagues aren't filling up, we don't need people repeatedly bumping their leagues. Either you get people to sign up or you don't. It's like a group break, you can't keep pimping it. If interest isn't there, it's not. To paraphrase Drago "If it dies, it dies"

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
scotty21690 said:
What's the big deal? Better those than dozens of prospect threads to sift through.....

You really feel a young players performance is less relevant to a baseball forum than a make believe team in a pretend league?

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
They don't talk crap about their performance, it's all about the value of their cards.

Besides, I don't see how a few threads about fantasy baseball is that big of a deal. I would not be in two leagues had it not been for members posting threads on it.

:::shrugs:::

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
I dont see a problem with it. How does it compare to a group break? If its still going on after the season starts, then I could see a problem with it. Some people are not on here every day of their lives, so a bump may interest someone.

Yankees1218

Jan 1, 2010
I dont have an issue w/ them, but they could be annoying to others. That kind of stuff is just not stuff that annoys me. Its just 1/4 of an inch on my screen that i pass over when scrolling through.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Yankees1218 said:
I dont have an issue w/ them, but they could be annoying to others. That kind of stuff is just not stuff that annoys me. Its just 1/4 of an inch on my screen that i pass over when scrolling through.
I agree but when its several its gets a bit much.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Get a life quit bitching about little things
Its very simple each thread has a title if it interests you
then click it if NOT then move on and quit your bitching

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
beefycheddar said:
scotty21690 said:

If leagues aren't filling up, we don't need people repeatedly bumping their leagues. Either you get people to sign up or you don't. It's like a group break, you can't keep pimping it. If interest isn't there, it's not. To paraphrase Drago "If it dies, it dies"

Jeez, man, lighten up.

It's just fantasy baseball. Are you saying that each league isn't allowed to bump their threads with chatter all year? Isn't this a community? let the fantasy leagues be.

Like craiger said, we all can see the title. If no one wants to enter the thread, they won't.

The Third Eye

Aug 26, 2008
The Fox Valley
Perhaps we should start a sub-forum for fantasy baseball talk like the football board has. That would unclog the hobby talk board of fantasy baseball threads.

jmill88

Dec 22, 2010
St. Louis, MO
The Third Eye said:
Perhaps we should start a sub-forum for fantasy baseball talk like the football board has. That would unclog the hobby talk board of fantasy baseball threads.

Unclog them? There aren't that many now and just don't read them. Seems like an easy fix.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
Seems to me like they would get filled by bumping the thread for more people to see. Maybe a limit on how often the bumps can happen. 1 time per 24 hours or something.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
"Get a life quit bitching about little things
then click it if NOT then move on and quit your bitching"

:lol:
AGREED!
+1

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Its simple. We try to maintain an even flow of threads on here. I don't enjoy seeing constant pimp threads of fantasy signups and when I get hounded about it via PM, its time to make a statement. We had an issue about this when football season came around and we fixed it. Its not bitching but trying to keep the folks that make this place what it is "happy". Yeah I'm talking about all of you. So just try to understand, we're not trying to be jerks when we ask, we're just trying to appease everyone out there as much as possible. Thanks.

B

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
craiger122003 said:

You mean like bitching about bitching 3 days after the fact? Thanks for the tip, heres a mirror look in it.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Actually I did not respond until it was stickied
I took offense because I have a league I started
and finished Why are you even responding?
Do you have a league?

nyc3 said:
craiger122003 said:

You mean like bitching about bitching 3 days after the fact? Thanks for the tip, heres a mirror look in it.

cjb9421

Feb 17, 2010
YOU AINT A MOD, SO BASICALLY YOU HAVE ABOUT AS MUCH SAY IN IT AS I DO. NONE. Who made you all high and mighty. Atleast it pretains to baseball.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
cjb9421 said:
YOU AINT A MOD, SO BASICALLY YOU HAVE ABOUT AS MUCH SAY IN IT AS I DO. NONE. Who made you all high and mighty. Atleast it pretains to baseball.

Thanks for yelling, please look at the list of mods on the site. I am a mod.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts