Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ellsbury or Crawford? (Poll for SB leader of Red Sox)

Who will steal more bases for the Red Sox this year?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Who will steal more bases for the Red Sox this year: Ellsbury or Crawford?

2008: Ellsbury 50 SB, 11 CS
2008: Crawford 25 SB, 7 CS

2009: Ellsbury 70 SB, 12 CS
2009: Crawford 60 SB, 16 CS

2010: Ells injured

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
Re: Who will steal the most bases for the Red Sox this year?

Batting 3rd, Crawford likely wont have anywhere close to Ellsbury if both are healthy.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire

ThoseBackPages said:
MallCopKJ said:
Batting 3rd, Crawford likely wont have anywhere close to Ellsbury if both are healthy.

and thats a HUGE "if"

why? both are fine. ells had broken ribs last year, but he's healed up.

Yankees1218

Jan 1, 2010

bmp1971 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
MallCopKJ said:

and thats a HUGE "if"

Both were fine this time last year...

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire

Yankees1218 said:
bmp1971 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
MallCopKJ said:

and thats a HUGE "if"

Both were fine this time last year...

and Beltre is gone...

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008

I picked the guy who won everyone a taco w/ his SB in the 07 World Series!

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire

coltsnsox07 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think the Sox have to break them up in the order, but I'm wondering if Tito's going to put Ells 9th to start him out this year (depends on ST results, I guess), and bat Crawford 1st. The winner might be the one who ultimately bats 1st more. Ellsbury is ripping fast. He chased after and caught a deer when he was younger. I first read the story in the Boston Globe years ago. But here's another link: http://blog.masslive.com/redsoxmonster/ ... _ells.html

Lineup?

Crawford
Pedroia
Gonzalez
Papi
Youk
Drew/Kalish
Tek/Saltalamachia
Scutaro/Lowrie
Ellsbury

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008

bmp1971 said:
coltsnsox07 said:

I think the Sox have to break them up in the order, but I'm wondering if Tito's going to put Ells 9th to start him out this year (depends on ST results, I guess), and bat Crawford 1st. The winner might be the one who ultimately bats 1st more. Ellsbury is ripping fast. He chased after and caught a deer when he was younger. I first read the story in the Boston Globe years ago. But here's another link: http://blog.masslive.com/redsoxmonster/ ... _ells.html

Lineup?

Crawford
Pedroia
Gonzalez
Papi
Youk
Drew/Kalish
Tek/Saltalamachia
Scutaro/Lowrie
Ellsbury
You waste Crawford if you bat him leadoff. He's not a high OBP guy; he's a do-everything guy. He should be batting 2nd or 3rd. As for SBs, I expect the Sox to ease off him a little bit to keep him healthy. Too much of a risk of re-aggrevating that wrist if hes sliding head first for steals 80 times this year.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire

elmalo said:
David Ortiz

Don't knock Papi bro, he's actually a smart base runner and does steal whenever he catches the other team dozing.

rehmus

Mar 10, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia, United States

papi gets caught stealing all the time and #3 hitters dont steal like leadoff hitters. if we are assuming both are healthy (which we have to do for the purpose of this thread) then its ellsbury and its not even close.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire

KandKCards said:
bmp1971 said:
coltsnsox07 said:

Lineup?

Crawford
Pedroia
Gonzalez
Papi
Youk
Drew/Kalish
Tek/Saltalamachia
Scutaro/Lowrie
Ellsbury
You waste Crawford if you bat him leadoff. He's not a high OBP guy; he's a do-everything guy. He should be batting 2nd or 3rd. As for SBs, I expect the Sox to ease off him a little bit to keep him healthy. Too much of a risk of re-aggrevating that wrist if hes sliding head first for steals 80 times this year.

Crawford's OBP his last two seasons was better than Ellsbury's in 08-09, sooooo, I think it's a legit lineup possibility I've thrown up there. I'm wondering if they might bat Pedroia first and Crawford 2nd, however, and keep the others the same? Decisions, decisions...

I have a feeling Gonzalez can carry the team if nobody else does much of anything....yet they will! :lol:

BTW, how's that Yankee rotation shaping up? :lol:

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008

bmp1971 said:
elmalo said:
David Ortiz

Don't knock Papi bro, he's actually a smart base runner and does steal whenever he catches the other team dozing.
Ha, I LOVE it when Papi steals 2nd, standing ovation every time. :)

As for the poll, Ellsbury...but combined I would imagine they will steal 120+ bases.

Pretty sure Ellsbury will be our leadoff hitter. We need Crawford batting 2nd or 3rd because he does have a bit of pop in his bat. I was trying to figure out their batting order but then I forgot to put Youk in and honestly couldn't figure out what # in the order he will be. Probably 5th...idk, it will be interesting to see if Francona changes the batting order daily, or leaves it be. Praying Lowrie is our starting SS this season, I really liked what he brought last year and now he is fully healthy.

timryan111

Aug 12, 2008

I think Youk bats 3rd with Gonzalez 4th.

Ells
Pedroia
Youk
Gonzalez
Crawford
Ortiz
Drew
Saltalamacchia
Lowrie/Scutaro

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010

I dont think they are gonna go crazy in the base stealing dept. I dont think they have to with the middle of that lineup the way it is.

Members online

Latest posts