Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Panini Contenders Football - Sponsored by Panini

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Iamjoecollector

Oct 18, 2009
Salem, OR
Panini sent me a box of 2010 Contenders Football to review. The draw with this product is the 4 autos per box, no jerseys. These run $135 a box, but I would expect a bit of a drop after the initial rush. However, The Panini Gold cards out of this product are the hottest thing going so the drop may not materialize.

Here is the base. I do like these. Most of the time I don't like the player cut out look of base cards, but the ticket design element gives these a nice look. The ticket has the position, number, number of years the player has been a pro, Team, year team established and division as well as the name of the stadium the team plays in. Nice crisp design with good collation and good quality control.

DSCN2052.jpg

The inserts are classic Panini and although there are some places where an autograph can go, there are design elements that make sure the card doesn't look naked.
DSCN2054.jpg

The autos, I got 5. The first three are basically scrubs with sticker autos but these are where the extremely rare sp's come from. The Lonyae Miller is a mid level sp. You can find an SP list at sportscardfile

DSCN2055.jpg

The two below are on card autos and in person they really pop. I actually criticized Panini for not having a dedicated signing area. Fear not, these look great in person.

DSCN2053.jpg

So the verdict eh? Well, so far I disliked Rookies and Stars basketball and Timeless Treasures, and have liked others. So far, this is my favorite Football product. 5 rookie autos per box with 2 of those being decent. From a collectors standpoint, I have no choice bust to give this 5 out of 5 joes. The on card element with the bigger named rookies is second to none at this price point. It doesn't rival 5 star, but Im not sure where your money is better spent. 4 boxes of this or 1 box of 5 star. It's a dead heat as far as I am concerned. The nice thing is that this can be purchased as a single box in a much more budget conscious fashion. What else is there in this price point that is guaranteed to yield 4 autos? Agree/disagree?

Members online