Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN YANKEES!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
http://rotoworld.com/headlines/mlb/3131 ... on-liriano

"USA Today's Bob Nightengale reports that the Yankees are keeping a close eye on Francisco Liriano, while the Twins are keeping a close eye on Yankees prospects.

Interesting. We heard earlier this month that the Twins' front office could be open to the idea of dealing Liriano, and the Yankees, of course, immediately popped up as a potentially interested party. The southpaw is under team control through the end of next season, but if the Twins don't think they'll be able to lock him up on a long-term deal, exploring a trade does make some sense. Liriano, who had 201 strikeouts in 192 innings last season, would force the Yanks to give up at least one blue chip prospect."

Im sure some of you may know that my Liriano collection is insane. I have most of his big cards. probably 75 autos, 50 gu's, 20 patches, 13 1/1's, and so much more. This wouldnt only help me with my struggling collection but Liriano has a lot of potential still and watching him last year he looks like he can still be as dominant as he was in his rookie year when he was around 12-2 with a 2ish era.

burke23

Nov 12, 2010
Canocollector#1 said:
As long as the Twins do not Demand Montero I would be okay with this. Very good 2nd tier pitcher but not #1 like a Hernandez/Lee guy.

I think he is a second tier #1, but still a #1. He is a front of the rotation starter who made a huge leap last year in his return from TJ back in 2006. Still just 26 too. I am a Twins fan and would not be pleased if we trade him, personally. If we do trade him, it better be for Montero or no trade at all. We can't trade for too much future projection like the Santana trade (which was brutal). Need immediate impact in return.

Yankees1218

Jan 1, 2010
I wouldn't want the yanks trading Montero, Sanchez, Betances and Banuelos even though one would need to go to get him.

I'd be pretty mad if Montero or Sanchez were traded for him, but no so much for betances or banuelos.

I say send Romine, Laird, Noesi, and Brackman for him, even though thats a little much...

burke23

Nov 12, 2010
Yankees1218 said:
I wouldn't want the yanks trading Montero, Sanchez, Betances and Banuelos even though one would need to go to get him.

I'd be pretty mad if Montero or Sanchez were traded for him, but no so much for betances or banuelos.

I say send Romine, Laird, Noesi, and Brackman for him, even though thats a little much...

Why would the Twins take that offer? Seems poo-poo platter-ish, which never works out (let's hope they learned their lesson, anyway). Better 1 stud prospect than 4 so-so. And why be mad to trade for a front line starter? It's obvious they will need help in the rotation. Yanks fans - sometimes you have to give to get.

Yankees1218

Jan 1, 2010
I would rather have a Montero waiting to fill the hole at catcher or Sanchez fill the hole a few years from now than have Liriano.

We have some decent options to fill in as #4 and #5 starters. I dont think the yankees would trade Sanchez before they see a full season of him and have said that they wouldn't trade montero and that Lee was only a "special situation".

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Yankees1218 said:

:lol: That group for Liriano, he would fill a huge hole that exist behind CC. To get a solid #1B Montero would HAVE to move, why would the Twins take on bums......especially pre-season.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
GarkoCollector said:
Yankees will never learn that you cant buy championships.
It's tough for them to learn that lesson when in fact, they do win championships by spending the most money. :)

In this case though, it's not a free agent signing (should it happen) but a trade that they can make because they've done a great job with the farm system.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
It isn't nice to be a Twins fan and read something like that. It's basically throwing in the towel because even with Liriano, we will have trouble making the playoffs. If he were to be traded though it would HAVE to be a big time prospect coming back. No way they make another move like they did with Santana.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
I dont see this trade happening. Brian Cashman has been preaching hard the last few years about developing rospects and seeing them get to the big leagues. I think Montero, Betances, Banuelos and Sanchez are untouchables unless it is for someone like Felix Hernandez. Also, I think if Burnett has a decent year this year than the Yankee rotation really isnt all that bad. I think Freddy Garcia is gonna be a good 4 or 5 starter. They still have a great line up, certainly as good as Bostons. It will come down to the pitching. Should be an interesting season.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
Topnotchsy said:
GarkoCollector said:
It's tough for them to learn that lesson when in fact, they do win championships by spending the most money. :)

In this case though, it's not a free agent signing (should it happen) but a trade that they can make because they've done a great job with the farm system.

Topnotchsy said:
GarkoCollector said:

Scouts, baseball america, general managers, all say it all the time. some prospects are meant to contribute to your team, while others are meant to be used as trade bait to help your team right now. It is a fine line, you don't want to give away the farm. Every team buys their championships, some champion teams end up paying more than others, but to the Yankees what does it really matter? They are able to produce a better farm system because they have a higher budget for drafting, international signings, etc. Its pretty evident they need rotation help, and once again they are into the top 10 in organizational farm system ranks according to Baseball America.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
I would love see Liriano get back to his dominating self. He was so much fun to watch and make money on..lol

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
elmalo said:
I dont see this trade happening. Brian Cashman has been preaching hard the last few years about developing rospects and seeing them get to the big leagues. I think Montero, Betances, Banuelos and Sanchez are untouchables unless it is for someone like Felix Hernandez. Also, I think if Burnett has a decent year this year than the Yankee rotation really isnt all that bad. I think Freddy Garcia is gonna be a good 4 or 5 starter. They still have a great line up, certainly as good as Bostons. It will come down to the pitching. Should be an interesting season.

You really think that Freddy is a good #4 on a championship contending club? What are you smoking? Did you watch him at all last year? He was pitching on Guts an Guile alone. He tops out at 88-89 mph at BEST. There is very little left.

skrip

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
ballerskrip said:
elmalo said:

You really think that Freddy is a good #4 on a championship contending club? What are you smoking? Did you watch him at all last year? He was pitching on Guts an Guile alone. He tops out at 88-89 mph at BEST. There is very little left.

skrip
We'll see.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
scotty21690 said:
I just don't see it happening....

Either should anybody. If it's June and the Twins aren't in the race then maybe, but it makes no sense for a team looking to contend to trade away their ace before the season starts. What kind of message would that send to the team/fans?

Members online

Latest posts