Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do Steroids Help?

YOur opinion

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
How many successful "IBL"s do you have in your message board career, E? I know you have at least a half dozen just on FCB. :p

As for the poll, I voted "All of the above".

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Steroids help your muscles recover more quickly after a workout...the same thing hundreds of other legal supplements do.

The end result from taking them is you can hit a baseball further. It doesn't help you make contact with said baseball

I've taken them before. They didn't really help

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
JoshHamilton said:
Steroids help your muscles recover more quickly after a workout...the same thing hundreds of other legal supplements do.

The end result from taking them is you can hit a baseball further. It doesn't help you make contact with said baseball

I've taken them before. They didn't really help
The fact of the matter is, MLB players already can make contact. So for hitters who already can make contact, steroids help tremendously.

I will leave it at that, because steroids are a touchy subject for some.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
You still have to hit a 95 MPH pitch thats coming from 60ft 6 inches. I voted no. I heard somewhere steroids only add 5-10 ft to a HR. Seriously I don't think they help. I would never take a performance enhancing substance. I know post people will disagree with me. just my opinion

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Do they make you hit the ball? no. Do they help you see the ball better? no. Do they make the ball go farther? yes you are a lot stronger.
People say Steroids do not do a thing to your performance. Then why are they taking them?

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
From a medical standpoint...hell yes they help. If you see what they are chemically capable of...I don't see how it wouldn't help any athlete. But you will always have folks who act like it won't for whatever reason. Point is...yes you have to be a decent ball player to begin with. Being stronger or faster won't help your ability to time a pitch correctly. But like someone else already said...if you're in the majors, chances are you can already do that to an above average extent. But I also think it can hamper the length of your career too. You get too carried away with it and it will break down your joints. You are chemically altering a process that naturally occurs in the body, both in quantity and expediency.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
bongo870 said:
People say Steroids do not do a thing to your performance. Then why are they taking them?

Roger that, I'd also make an argument in improved contact with quicker bat speed, but I completely agree.

The point of the matter is, 40 year olds having career seasons should be the definitive testament to the effectiveness of steroids. Obviously great players receive the greatest benefit, but it's a considerable improvement in all of the above.

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
The only fact is..... Steroids help you recover from a workout faster, thus being able to workout more often with more weight.

Its the weights that make you stronger not the steroids.

Strength may help bat speed if you have good fast twitch muscles, but it may also slow the bat if you become too musclebound.

Bottom line Steroids dont make the ball go father by themself, the gym is key. The Era is and should be known as the "Home Gum Era", many players have gyms that rival smaller versions of a Gold Gym, and they eat verrrry goood with plenty of protein as well. Not many lazy alcoholic hotdog eaters in the All Star Games these days (ie Mantle, Ruth)

Members online

Latest posts