Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Team USA sets at Target

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lambert58

Sep 29, 2008
Melbourne, FL
Hello: I remember seeing a thread about this, but was not sure if it said if these are target exclusives sets. Any one know? Also, are they worth the $10.60 (tax included)? Thanks!

lambert58

Sep 29, 2008
Melbourne, FL
Thanks guys. I knew Rendons was in it, just have not looked at the prices of that card. I think I will get a few then. Can't hurt.

bighurtcollector

Jan 1, 2009
BUY BUY BUY!!!!! I picked up 4 and have been sending them thru the mail for TTM and there are a few hit players in there so yeah get 'em while you can for $10

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
I have seen 5 sets at my local Target for the past month. Just can't bring myself to buy them. Anyone have a checklist available, is Rendon the only guy in the set, or is it a bunch of guys who already have USA cards?

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
Exposfan said:
I have seen 5 sets at my local Target for the past month. Just can't bring myself to buy them. Anyone have a checklist available, is Rendon the only guy in the set, or is it a bunch of guys who already have USA cards?

I'm in the same boat. Seems like every time I'm at target, there are at least 5 of them and never pick them up. The set features all players on the 16u, 18u and collegiate teams.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
For those of you that say the Rendon pays for the set itself and makes it worth the $10 purchase, why exactly? Looking at completed listings for his card they're selling for like $4-7. That doesn't cover the cost of the set. I guess 40-70% of the cost of a set might be worth it.

TwinGnats

May 25, 2010
Fridley, MN
I sold 4 rendons for $25 delivered but with the additional sets hitting the market those rendons will continue to drop some more. I actually liked the set a lot for what it is and I'm not a fan of rendon, so it was nice to get 4 sets minus the rendons for $15. That being said I won't buy anymore.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I don't know jack about prospecting but I have a sneaking suspicion that these will dry up at Targets once the draft rolls around and depending on Rendon's success this year. If he's a #1 or #2 pick and he has a hell of a year again...I see these cards climbing in value. They are his first cards. Plus...the only people buying these are prospector types anyways. I think for now the demand has been met.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
I had 10 boxes in my buggy yesterday before I decided...nah..I'm sure there still there this morning.

TwinGnats

May 25, 2010
Fridley, MN
All depends on the print run of these sets.

predatorkj said:
I don't know jack about prospecting but I have a sneaking suspicion that these will dry up at Targets once the draft rolls around and depending on Rendon's success this year. If he's a #1 or #2 pick and he has a hell of a year again...I see these cards climbing in value. They are his first cards. Plus...the only people buying these are prospector types anyways. I think for now the demand has been met.

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
I know that the Target set has no inserts, and I know that the checklist is the same, but is there any difference in the cards themselves? In other words, if I put a Rendon from the hobby set next to a Rendon from the Target set, could I tell a difference? Thanks.

XdanX

Aug 7, 2008
gmarutiak said:
I know that the Target set has no inserts, and I know that the checklist is the same, but is there any difference in the cards themselves? In other words, if I put a Rendon from the hobby set next to a Rendon from the Target set, could I tell a difference? Thanks.

Same exact cards.

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
XdanX said:
gmarutiak said:

Same exact cards.

Thank you.

Members online

Latest posts