Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 Fantasy Baseball Tip Page

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
If anyone wants to add what they have seen in Mock or Live Drafts so far, please add. In doing Mock Drafts on Espn the past couple of weeks I have noticed a few guys getting drafted higher recently.

Pedro Alvarez is moving up quite a bit. Same with Michael Pineda, Troy Tulowitzki, and Mike Stanton.

Yankees1218

Jan 1, 2010
Some of my sleepers:
Brandon Webb (Supposedly doing GREAT in his recovery)
Grady Sizemore
Carlos Santana
Jay Bruce
Daniel Hudson
Rick Porcello
Max Scherzer

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
Nick Markakis could be a good steal. He had and almost identical (if not better) slash line in 09 and 10 but he drove in 40 fewer runs last year due to a weak lineup and bad luck. His batting average with RISP actually improved by 35 points from 09 to 10, and with a better lineup he could be back to 100 RBIs like he's driven in twice in his career.

Pastretta

Aug 27, 2008
Arizona
Suprisingly Alfonso Soriano looked very good at Fitch the times I went. I'll be keeping my eye close to him all spring. :geek:

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
jmill88 said:
Yankees1218 said:
Some of my sleepers:
Grady Sizemore
Carlos Santana
Jay Bruce
Daniel Hudson
Rick Porcello
Max Scherzer

I really like Scherzer too.

Me too. I know it seems homerish, but I think he's going to have a huge year. Something clicked for him last season after he was sent down. Since he came back up he was the best pitcher on the team. His ERA went down every month since he came back up.

June: 3.48
July: 2.31
August: 1.29

Going from a 4.61 pre AS break, to 2.47 post AS break is a huge improvement. He figured something out.

I REALY hope I get him this year in my draft.

I also like Porcello. Everything I've read about his offseason shows he's headed in the right direction. He's more a gamble though. No numbers to support anything.

Coachman35

Mar 31, 2010
Boston, Ma
Some sleepers for me are:

Brandon Morrow
Andrew McCutchen (gonna bat 3rd this year)
Drew Stubbs
Danny Espinosa
Max Scherzer
Shaun Marcum
Ian Stewart

MichaelStanton2010

Feb 14, 2010
Exposfan said:
If anyone wants to add what they have seen in Mock or Live Drafts so far, please add. In doing Mock Drafts on Espn the past couple of weeks I have noticed a few guys getting drafted higher recently.

Pedro Alvarez is moving up quite a bit. Same with Michael Pineda, Troy Tulowitzki, and Mike Stanton.

I heard that Alvarez gained like 15-20 lbs in the offseason... which is not a good sign for Alvarez!

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
Yankees1218 said:
Some of my sleepers:
Grady Sizemore
Carlos Santana
Jay Bruce
Daniel Hudson

Rick Porcello
Max Scherzer

The four guys who are highlighted, are definitely not sleepers, based on the mock AND live drafts I have done so far.

Santana goes in the 10th/11th rds on average, Bruce is going in the 7th or 8th rd and Daniel Hudson and Max Scherzer are both going higher than their original rankings and the early ADP's.

I like Porcello as a sleeper (being drafted WAY too late or not at all), Arencibia behind the plate in Toronto, Chase Utley and ARod in the second round (both due for healthy, bounce back seasons, which means 1st rd value) and getting Dutin Pedroia in the 3rd rd or later.

Members online