Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Most embarrassing sports moments

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
What are yours? From any sport

Mine is hard to top. The first year I played basketball when I was 9 or so, we lost our first game 21-0. We got shut out. In BASKETBALL

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
On my 7th grade basketball team, I had not one but two friends make a basket for the other team. In 8th grade, one of my teammates shot a free throw over the backboard.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
archiebunkerjr said:
On my 7th grade basketball team, I had not one but two friends make a basket for the other team. In 8th grade, one of my teammates shot a free throw over the backboard.

One time I shot a free throw about 7 feet short. It took 2 bounces to even reach where the basket was

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
After getting the 18th speech about wearing our cups I decided to go cup-less any way. Needless to say the first AB I took one to the cup region. I had to walk to first like it didnt hurt, on the way up the line the first base coach purposely hit me AGAIN in the cup region with the handle end of the bat to check since he didnt hear the noise it makes.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
nyc3 said:
After getting the 18th speech about wearing our cups I decided to go cup-less any way. Needless to say the first AB I took one to the cup region. I had to walk to first like it didnt hurt, on the way up the line the first base coach purposely hit me AGAIN in the cup region with the handle end of the bat to check since he didnt hear the noise it makes.

Wait.........it didn't go PING????

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
nyc3 said:

When I was 13, I got beaned in the nuts by Matt Belisle. He was already throwing 70 mph

I wasn't wearing a cup

It ******* HURT

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
I played pretty much the whole first quarter of a HS basketball game with a dryer sheet hanging out the back of my shorts. My mom has video tape evidence of the event and shows it frequently for family and friends. ::facepalm::

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
SamHell said:
I played pretty much the whole first quarter of a HS basketball game with a dryer sheet hanging out the back of my shorts. My mom has video tape evidence of the event and shows it frequently for family and friends. ::facepalm::

LOLZ!! I had a similar incident when I started little league. I got dressed for a big game in a hurry one night and while i was running out onto the field to play 3rd base, I noticed a bulge in my shin region. I pulled up my pants leg and it was my mom's shoulder pad from one of her dress shirts. I got laughed at by everyone who saw it.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
SamHell said:

Not sports, but during freshman orientation for college, I really wanted to hook up with this hot girl. My parents took me shopping for new clothes, I was rocking a new wardrobe and feeling confident, and she actually came up and talked to me....to let me know I forgot to take the goddamned measurement tag off of my shorts

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
I cost my team the Park League championship Baseball game trying to be like Jim Edmonds except I was playing left and diving was necesssary. I dove facing away from the feild and it landed a foot in front of me i jumped up and grabbed the ball. I ended up throwing the person who hit it out at the plate that put them ahead by one run the next inning i came up bases loaded 2 outs and the bottom of the 7th I was swinging for the non existant fences insted of just choking up and puting the bat on the ball pretty embarrising striking out to end the game. i still have nightmares :cry: :cry: :cry: :(

onehrk

Aug 7, 2008
San Diego, CA
In the summer between 10th and 11th grade, I was just starting to find some power in my swing. Yet, it was still not enough to get the damn ball over the fence. I hit probably about 20 balls off the fence that summer. On one particular occasion, the fielders made a few errors getting the ball back into the infield. I was rounding 3rd and heading for home when only 10 feet from home plate I tripped over air. Yeah. ******* embarrassing.

vintagerookies51

Aug 10, 2010
JoshHamilton said:
nyc3 said:

When I was 13, I got beaned in the nuts by Matt Belisle. He was already throwing 70 mph

I wasn't wearing a cup

It fracking HURT
You guys must have a weird batting stance. :lol:

Members online