Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What do YOU see in Christain Colon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarinerswinWS

Oct 18, 2010
Tacoma, WA
I've read many scouting reports on Christian Colon and most say Colon is a baseball team leader but his actual tools are not that great individually, and that he has almost no power.

So anyway my question is how is he such a top prospect (Number 51 on the BA top 100), does he profile like a Derek Jeter type player lots of leadership and hitting skills but no power, or does he profile like a typical leadoff hitter?

If he does profile like a typical leadoff hitter, what's the difference between him and other leadoff prospects that don't sell so high?

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
Whatever scouting reports you have read that say he has no power are incorrect. He is not going to put up huge power numbers, but he has some good pop in his bat. Hit 17 homers last year playing for Cal-State Fullerton.

The real question with him is defensively, if he is going to be able to stay at shortstop or have to move to either 3rd or 2nd.

MarinerswinWS

Oct 18, 2010
Tacoma, WA
That is college though, and he is a pretty small player 6'0 180 lbs. You can't expect that much power out of that kind of frame. To add to that he only hit 8 home runs the year before.

I am impressed with his average though above .300 each year during college.

jeff152380

Feb 23, 2010
Vermont
the biggest flaw scout have in prospecting is falling in love with size and tools.... some guys just get it done.... Colon is a very good patient hitter with power... doesnt make many errors at ss..... he projects to be a 2 hitter more then leadoff

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
BA seems to think he is one of the best pure hitting prospects out there and has great plate discipline. Or at least they said something along those line during the chat.

Members online