Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Daily - Tuesday - March 1st, 2011

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
Good morning.

I've been kept up by a sick fiance. Nothing like the sweet lullaby of puking to keep a person up. I feel bad for her, but there's nothing I can do.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
deceptikon1978 said:
Just saw that Portis got released.
I think this proves Portis must have porked Shannahan's wife or something. No way a coach tracks a guy down on another team to release him the first chance he gets for no reason :lol: .

I think Portis still has something to offer, although not as the workhorse anymore. Sadly, I think we're about to see the Edgerrin James scenario play out with his career.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Good morning

Does it irk anyone else that a bunch of random people show up when someone has a contest? Guys I've never seen post on the football board. To be fair, it happens for baseball contests as well.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
JoshHamilton said:
Good morning

Does it irk anyone else that a bunch of random people show up when someone has a contest? Guys I've never seen post on the football board. To be fair, it happens for baseball contests as well.
It does, but that's not the part that bothers me. The part that bothers me is there are some people who have less than 100 posts and the majority of those posts are entering contests.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
mstng99tim said:
JoshHamilton said:
Good morning

It does, but that's not the part that bothers me. The part that bothers me is there are some people who have less than 100 posts and the majority of those posts are entering contests.
Yeah, that's worse

If I ever ran a contest I'd automatically disqualify those guys

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
I loved all the posts from guys I have never seen around at all whining like little ******* about not getting their Halloween winnings quick enough.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
Aloha & good morning everybody, hope you don't think I'm one of those guys. I used to have trivia contests but stopped doing it when one little POS gloated about how easy it was to google the question. And this "baseball guys" & "football guys" thing is silly, we're all collectors.
JoshHamilton said:
mstng99tim said:
JoshHamilton said:
Good morning

Yeah, that's worse

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
Almost Benoited the wife last night. She kept waking me up because the dog wouldn't lay down in bed - she (the dog) wasn't doing anything bad, at all, just walking around, trying to get comfortable. I had an 11 hour day at work yesterday, so I was very excited to go to sleep. So much for that. I'm very surly this morning.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
As I'm doing my heavy duty cleaning in my room, I came across a shoebox full of cards.

I found some cards for my Canes collection I didn't even realize I had because I wasn't seriously collecting at the time I got them. I found a few Sapps from my Buccaneer collecting days, a great Yatil Green Showcase rookie, and a perfect condition Jerome Brown RC I never knew I had.

Nothing spectacular, but it was fun leafing through a bunch of early-mid 90s stuff and 2005 cards I forgot I had. Brought back memories of when I'd drop a few hundred every paycheck at Wal Mart on blasters with my buddy.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Rickzcards said:
Aloha & good morning everybody, hope you don't think I'm one of those guys. I used to have trivia contests but stopped doing it when one little POS gloated about how easy it was to google the question. And this "baseball guys" & "football guys" thing is silly, we're all collectors.
JoshHamilton said:
mstng99tim said:
JoshHamilton said:
Good morning

Yeah, that's worse

Most of the names I recognize, including yours, Rickzcards. Members jumping to another part of the board to enter a contest is fine with me, I've done it, we probably all have.

To me, it's not about "baseball guys" vs. "football guys", it's the people who post here on FCB just for contests. We want the site to grow and have new members become regulars here. By showing up every month or so to enter a contest, that isn't helping the site grow.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Speaking of contests, I haven't heard back about the Super Bowl contest yet since I was proclaimed winner. Sent my address, but the PM hasn't been opened yet. Anticipation is killing me :lol: .

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Rickzcards said:
JoshHamilton said:
mstng99tim said:
JoshHamilton said:
Good morning

Yeah, that's worse

No no no, not you at all. I'm talking about the guys who ONLY show up when there's free stuff.

I happen to enjoy reading your posts

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Former defensive tackle Shawn Lee, half the San Diego Chargers' "Two Tons of Fun" from their 1994 AFC championship team passed away Saturday in Raleigh, N.C., from cardiac arrest brought on by double pneumonia, the San Diego Union-Tribune reported Tuesday. He was 44.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts