Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

GMA for grading?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JobaSoxFan

Apr 8, 2010
Standish, Maine
Running a special for $2 bucks per card. Almost sounds too good to be true.

My apology if this has been bantered about before, I did try to search but the search came up with nothing.

Thoughts, experiencing? I would appreciate any insight.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
There is a reason no results showed up, its more than likely some guy in his basement with a printer and slabs pumping out 10's on whatever is in his collection.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
JobaSoxFan said:
I thought of that, too, but in a basic eBay search I can find several by "GMA Grading"..

And they proves what exactly? I can tell you more than likely NO one reputable deals with GMA end of story.

JobaSoxFan

Apr 8, 2010
Standish, Maine
nyc3 said:
JobaSoxFan said:
I thought of that, too, but in a basic eBay search I can find several by "GMA Grading"..

And they proves what exactly? I can tell you more than likely NO one reputable deals with GMA end of story.

Great, be a keyboard tough guy about it. Thank you for wasting my time.

JobaSoxFan

Apr 8, 2010
Standish, Maine
They generally run even, price wise, with PSA, BGS, et al. This is just a short term special that they're running. Might give it a shot with some lower end stuff.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
JobaSoxFan said:
nyc3 said:
JobaSoxFan said:

Great, be a keyboard tough guy about it. Thank you for wasting my time.
Actually he's right. GMA is not a reputable grader and is not worth wasting your time submitting to. They are probably one of those graders that gives every card they touch a gem mint grade. Stick with the reputable graders, the little bit more that you spend will be well worth it as I'm pretty sure a GMA card will only sell for around the same price as a raw card.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
JobaSoxFan said:
They generally run even, price wise, with PSA, BGS, et al. This is just a short term special that they're running. Might give it a shot with some lower end stuff.

..like a '33 Ruth Goudey?

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
No way in hell that Chapman would get a 10 with any reputable company.

Please show how this crap sells comparably with PSA/BGS, etc. If you are saying they are being LISTED at comparable prices, thats fine, but people are *********.

minors4me

Apr 16, 2010
GarkoCollector said:
No way in hell that Chapman would get a 10 with any reputable company.

Please show how this crap sells comparably with PSA/BGS, etc. If you are saying they are being LISTED at comparable prices, thats fine, but people are *********.
Gretzky-PSA10.gif
they actually have a pristine grade if anyone wants to educate themselves http://www.gmagrading.com

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
People are closed minded when it comes to anything they do not know about. This is life, and the way it is.

reljac

Apr 12, 2010
Pearland, Tx
As others have said, it would likely not be a good use of your money, as many buyers of graded cards will not deal in GMA. So while some sellers may price them like PSA or SGC or BVG, they won't have the same audience of buyers. As you can see from the ebay guides and a post on net54, there's just no reason to trust the slab.

From ebay guides:
http://reviews.ebay.com/PSA-BGS-and-other-card-grading-companies_W0QQugidZ10000000008497437
GMA (GMAgrading.com)
So I tired these guys out because they're even cheaper than grademycards.com Their holders are better than grademycards.com in my opinon because they're a little bit tougher. I dropped a grademycards holder and it seemed to chip too easily. I must admit I've never dropped a BGS/PSA/GMA holder. Anyway I was not happy with their grading service. I sent them a card with a messed up corner and it got a 10. One of my cards was an autograph card and the label said Jersey. If you want to just get your cards placed in holders and you don't care about the grade then I would go with them. If you care about the grade don't go with them.

http://reviews.ebay.com/Buying-Graded-Sports-Cards-Avoid-Being-Ripped-Off_W0QQugidZ10000000001342856
Companies NOT to be considered:

GEM, GEM Elite, MINT, RARE, PRO, USA, CSA, AGS, PGS, GradeMyCards, FGS, GMA, IGS, NASA, WCG, 3-D, Grading Unlimited, CGE, GRA, ASA, SPA, TFA, PGI, etc.

From Net54Baseball: http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=86971
spoke to allen from gma this afternoon about the wagner card, he said they have graded wagner reprints , not the real thing , so it seems this person fudged a label for this card , what I dont understand is how ebay for all intentions does not go after this person , who from the onset was trying to commit fraud , some thing needs to be done about this .

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
So, is this just some kind of big spam thread, or what? I wouldn't buy a GMA card, I wouldn't submit anything to GMA, and would laugh in the face of anyone that tried to say that they had the same rep as BGS / PSA.

Members online

Latest posts