Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 SP Authentic is Live

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
bassprokvd said:
first thought, for me the patch is too small.

Yeah, not sure why that matters with an event used jersey. That's just me though. I really dont think its that much smaller than previous years though.

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
J-Rod said:
ya not a fan so far. Patch is way to small

I really think that the patch size is not a big deal. Of all the things to nitpick, that should be further down the list.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
1. The cards look bad
2. The patch too small
3. UD can stop being cheap and put some effort into product

Its right in the middle of that list.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Gellman said:
bassprokvd said:
first thought, for me the patch is too small.

Yeah, not sure why that matters with an event used jersey. That's just me though. I really dont think its that much smaller than previous years though.

They're game used college jerseys

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Gellman said:
J-Rod said:
ya not a fan so far. Patch is way to small

I really think that the patch size is not a big deal. Of all the things to nitpick, that should be further down the list.

Overall I think it is ok but with all that space where the "patch" is I think it could be bigger

UpperDeckFootball

Feb 19, 2011
The patch is a tad smaller then previous years.... but we didnt get the yield that we had which with NFL jerseys, we did plan ahead for this in 2011. The foil around the die-cut is the same color pretty much as past years

seahawks4ever

Apr 24, 2009
Washington State
UpperDeckFootball said:
GarkoCollector said:
1. The cards look bad
2. The patch too small

yea, UD where is the effort? ;)

The poster brings up 3 great points. UD has such an opportunity to wow collectors with a product only they can offer. Instead we get a cheap, ugly, spX-type jersey window product. Not one...NOT ONE Upper Deck product this year has shown ANYTHING special whatsoever. No creativity, plain jersey cards in Sweet Spot...which could have been such a great product. Upper Deck did a better job with 2009 UD Draft then anything I've seen this year. At least that product had 5 on card autos at a decent price point.

UpperDeckFootball

Feb 19, 2011
seahawks4ever said:
UpperDeckFootball said:
GarkoCollector said:
1. The cards look bad
2. The patch too small

The poster brings up 3 great points. UD has such an opportunity to wow collectors with a product only they can offer. Instead we get a cheap, ugly, spX-type jersey window product. Not one...NOT ONE Upper Deck product this year has shown ANYTHING special whatsoever. No creativity, plain jersey cards in Sweet Spot...which could have been such a great product. Upper Deck did a better job with 2009 UD Draft then anything I've seen this year. At least that product had 5 on card autos at a decent price point.[/quote

Sweet Spot wasn't creative? really? well, I understand we can't please everyone...but dont worry next years Sweet Spot won't have any jersey cards!

UpperDeckFootball

Feb 19, 2011
PetestillRose said:
I get that the foil has been there, I just think it's too busy for what is essentially a square cut-out.

I would probably agree to a point, sometimes foil can be too much on what should be a clean unobstructed design

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Hi UD, hope all is well. What can I expect to see of Peyton Manning in this product? Are his sigs on card?

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
UpperDeckFootball said:
seahawks4ever said:
UpperDeckFootball said:
GarkoCollector said:
1. The cards look bad
2. The patch too small

The poster brings up 3 great points. UD has such an opportunity to wow collectors with a product only they can offer. Instead we get a cheap, ugly, spX-type jersey window product. Not one...NOT ONE Upper Deck product this year has shown ANYTHING special whatsoever. No creativity, plain jersey cards in Sweet Spot...which could have been such a great product. Upper Deck did a better job with 2009 UD Draft then anything I've seen this year. At least that product had 5 on card autos at a decent price point.[/quote

Sweet Spot wasn't creative? really? well, I understand we can't please everyone...but dont worry next years Sweet Spot won't have any jersey cards!

http://www.blowoutcards.com/index.php?m ... ts_id=3863

I would say most agree

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
You have to understand this isn't (and can't be) like previous SPA releases.

UD can't just bring 50 jerseys for each player to put on for a few seconds like they could at the Rookie Premiere. There's an extremely limited amount of college jerseys (I'd guess 2-4 per player) available to them through the NCAA. And I'm not sure if you've noticed, but collegiate jerseys don't have very many "prime" swatches on them. The only jerseys that have actual patches on them are bowl game jerseys. Most of those aren't publicly sold

UpperDeckFootball

Feb 19, 2011
J-Rod said:
UpperDeckFootball said:
seahawks4ever said:
UpperDeckFootball said:
GarkoCollector said:
1. The cards look bad
2. The patch too small

http://www.blowoutcards.com/index.php?m ... ts_id=3863

I would say most agree

The 3 biggest issues we had with 2010 SS was the rookies didnt have a pack to pack presence, it was terribly late and the jersey cards were weak......that has all been fixed for 2011 :D

Members online

Latest posts