Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OT: MLB.tv

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
dethomas07 said:
Anybody have a subscription?

Is it worth it?

Thanks,
David

I've had it for a few years now and I like it because I can watch any previous games any time I want.
I can watch every game with my teams announcers.
Its only $20 or $25 a month (2 diff plans) instead of paying for the whole year in one payment..

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I've had it the last two years and I think it's absolutely worth it, especially if you don't live close enough to your team for them to be on TV. It's also nice to be able to check out other games around the league that I otherwise would never have the chance to watch live.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
I like it more now that they have the PS3 app.
To me it's an even better bargain than the Extra Innings package.....as I mentioned on here before - at least with my Comcast last year they'd only offer one HD game per night.....so even though the streaming HD on the PS3 isn't the greatest quality, it beats the standard def. extra innings feed.
Plus it's cheaper and has all the games saved to watch without using up DVR space.

I'll probably buy it again this year, as that along with the features on the computer/mobile are a good deal for the price.

cubfan131

Aug 18, 2008
I live in Iowa so the blackout issue makes it not worth it to me but if there weren't blackouts I'd be all over it. I used it for a month last year and it was nice. My internet is slow so the picture quality wasn't the best but it was better then nothing.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Casebusters said:
Its only $20 or $25 a month (2 diff plans) instead of paying for the whole year in one payment..

That's a stupid way to buy it. If you know you are in for the season (spring training, reg season, playoffs and offseason archives), you should just pay the $119 MLB premium one-time fee than pay $150 for the regular season, $175 for reg and spring, or $300 for spring, reg, playoffs and offseason archives.

rbadger

Aug 10, 2008
Wake Forest, NC
I just renewed my subscription and couldn't find any discount "coupons", etc. Mastercard has a 20% off MLB.com deal, but I'm not a mastercard holder. I'm not sure if it works for MLB.tv though.

I love the PS3 App that allows me to stream any game to my TV, so with MLB.TV I can watch them on my laptop when traveling and also on TV at home. One "gotcha" is that this year's spring training games are only avail. on the PC (not PS3).

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
rsmath said:
Casebusters said:
Its only $20 or $25 a month (2 diff plans) instead of paying for the whole year in one payment on direct tv..

That's a stupid way to buy it. If you know you are in for the season (spring training, reg season, playoffs and offseason archives), you should just pay the $119 MLB premium one-time fee than pay $150 for the regular season, $175 for reg and spring, or $300 for spring, reg, playoffs and offseason archives.

I was referring to the MLB package from direct TV which is $209 in one payment.

Members online