Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What's My Next Move?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I just got back today from a 2-week vacation. A week before I left, I won an item that was shipped UPS (no sig required). There was no mention of insurance, but shipping was free.

I was hoping to get it before I left, but as luck would have it, it arrived here on the very day I left.

Unfortunately, it's not on my porch. The tracking number says it was in fact delivered, and when I checked with the seller, he confirmed it was in fact shipped to the correct address. Evidently someone swiped it off my porch.

It wasn't a real big ticket item, but am I screwed?

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
should have had a friend/family member pick it up for you. Not too smart to leave a package outside a house where no one will be for 2 weeks. out of luck man, sorry

nbailey

Apr 2, 2010
I'd ask the neighbors. I know that my neighbors would pick it up for me if they knew I was out of town.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
The hell with that

I've seen lazy ass UPS drivers walk up and literally throw a package at the ground without even bothering to knock. Whatever saves UPS two seconds, just like their retarded right turn route (they schedule delivery routes to maximize right hand turns, because left hand turns require an extra 3 milliliters of fuel)

Go to a UPS store and bitch incessantly. Stand up for yourself and demand a refund. It's inexcusable for any shipping company to leave any package at a doorstep where it can get stolen

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
JoshHamilton said:
The hell with that

I've seen lazy ass UPS drivers walk up and literally throw a package at the ground without even bothering to knock. Whatever saves UPS two seconds, just like their retarded right turn route (they schedule delivery routes to maximize right hand turns, because left hand turns require an extra 3 milliliters of fuel)

Go to a UPS store and bitch incessantly. Stand up for yourself and demand a refund. It's inexcusable for any shipping company to leave any package at a doorstep where it can get stolen

im pretty sure they can just leave it at the doorstep. unless he gets signature confirmation

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
numba1yankeefan said:
JoshHamilton said:
The hell with that

im pretty sure they can just leave it at the doorstep. unless he gets signature confirmation

The USPS leaves letters and packages in a place where people can steal them all the time. Not arguing here, but they are paid to deliver.

Sorry about your card, hopefully it shows up.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Leave it on the doorstep and ....

[youtube:h5ewp3jd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dGOfFbzvq4[/youtube:h5ewp3jd]

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
The PO has lost my stuff too, not that somebody stole it...instead the mail person scanned the DC in the morning and lost it. According to USPS protocall they are only supposed to scan the DC UPON DELIVERY at the door. They lost two Ernie Banks Autos & Chipper Auto. The post office refunded me the total BV of the cards because their employee broke protocall.

Ofcouse if the mail guy didnt admit that he scanned it early in the morning, they would have done nothing.

jmc280zx

Aug 11, 2008
SoCal
JoshHamilton said:
The hell with that

How is going to a UPS Store gonna help???

UPS does not own the UPS Stores they franchise them out. Going to a UPS Store will do nothing for you except maybe get you a phone # which you can look up yourself on their web site.

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
JoshHamilton said:
The hell with that
Whatever saves UPS two seconds, just like their retarded right turn route (they schedule delivery routes to maximize right hand turns, because left hand turns require an extra 3 milliliters of fuel)

If they only made left hand turns wouldn't it be NASCAR?

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
This is why I have a PO box now. The USPS just holds all my mail for me until I go get it (since most of the time, all my Ebay packages fill up that box pretty quick).

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
call ups. put some heat on them to get specifics- what date/time did the driver leave it @ the door, did he really leave it @ the door (i've had ups toss stuff in BUSHES w/o ever leaving me notice; i've had them toss it halfway up my driveway then walk off; etc.), does he recall the package, etc. say you never got it. ask to talk to a supervisor/ask if anything can be done. maybe as a 'goodwill' gesture they'll offer you some $.

Members online

Latest posts