Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will the 2011 season produce a 30/30 hitter?

Who will have a 30/30 season?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Which player (if any) will have a 30/30 (30 HRs/30 SBs) season in 2011?

Please vote and comment on who you voted for and why.

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
Kinsler has a good chance of doing it again...if he can stay healthy. Very underrated base stealer. 106 career steals and only caught 18 times. The Rangers are planning on him batting leadoff this year. I'm not sure how that will affect his home run totals. Do they drop because he is trying to work the pitcher or will he see more fastballs because they don't want to walk the leadoff man?

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
SamHell said:
Kinsler has a good chance of doing it again...if he can stay healthy. Very underrated base stealer. 106 career steals and only caught 18 times. The Rangers are planning on him batting leadoff this year. I'm not sure how that will affect his home run totals. Do they drop because he is trying to work the pitcher or will he see more fastballs because they don't want to walk the leadoff man?

nelson cruz will hit 30/30 before Kinsler.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
SamHell said:
Kinsler does have a 30/30 season under his belt, so he has a great chance. Batting leadoff I would imagine his job is to get on base so I will assume his SB totals will rise, at the expense of hitting HRs. He will be real close IMO but if he is batting leadoff, than that may hurt his chances. I would love to see him get it again, he's one of my favorite current non-Red Sox guys. :)

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
EricInCT said:
SamHell said:

False. Kinsler already has. :)

EDIT: Does Cruz have the potential to steal 30 bases?

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
EricInCT said:
SamHell said:

You mean before Kinsler does it again? Cruz has the same problem as Kinsler. He can't stay healthy.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
SamHell said:
EricInCT said:
SamHell said:

You mean before Kinsler does it again? Cruz has the same problem as Kinsler. He can't stay healthy.

Cruz will be fine, he was on the cusp of 20-20 last year and only had 399 at bats and was never 100% all year. You do realize he is 40 for 49 stolen bases the last three years?

You must not be realistic if you think Kinsler will get 566 at bats that he needed to get to 31-31. That is just barely making it over the hump.

Last year both Kinsler and Cruz had 390 at bats, Cruz hit 13 more HRs. Kinsler would have had to hit 21 HRs in 250 at bats to get there. Yes, I know he was injured, but so was cruz.

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
EricInCT said:
SamHell said:
EricInCT said:
SamHell said:

Cruz will be fine, he was on the cusp of 20-20 last year and only had 399 at bats and was never 100% all year. You do realize he is 40 for 49 stolen bases the last three years?

He was on the DL three times last year with hamstring problems. He has deceptive speed but the majority of his steals were catching people off guard. He's not speed guy like Kinsler. I don't see him getting the 40 or so SB attempts necessary to steal 30. I would love to see what kind of numbers he could put up in a healthy full season.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
SamHell said:
EricInCT said:
SamHell said:

the implied words are "nelson cruz will hit 30/30 before kinsler this year" , we are talking about this year ~ right?

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
SKYWALKER said:
jbhofmann said:
I'll take the guy that hit 22 HR and stole 30 bases in his first full season: Stubby.

me too :D :D
All of the players I listed I believe have the best shot. Stubbs has a great chance, especially because he had 30 SBs with quite a low OBP. He just needs a few more home runs which I think is very possible.

hoopster - You think he will steal 30 bases? I am not saying he can't, but his previous high is 20...it would be cool to see a shortstop accomplish that feat. Only 3 players have ever done so (A-Rod, Larkin, Hanley)

joey - Let there be a 30/30 season first. ;) Odds are against another 40/40 season considering it's only happened 4 times. If I had to put my money on one person that will have a 40/40 season within the next 5 years, it would be Hanley.

AKA - My $ is on Chris Young as well....he is actually why I created this thread, I was looking through my baseball magazine I stumbled across his name and had a feelin' this would be his year. ;)

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Surprised by the lack of votes for David Wright....he has a 30/30 season under his belt, and he did have 29 HRs last year. Is it because he is a NY Met? :lol:

Members online

Latest posts