Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Abbreviated ST Report.... ~140 Autos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
Hi folks,
I've been going to Spring Training for the past few years with friends--mainly to add to my in-person autographed rookie collection. I went to Arizona and just got back today. Here is my abbreviated report. No scans of anything yet. I'm moving soon, so that may just have to wait.

Saturday: Drive out early (from southern California) to the Padres/Mariners fan fest--trying to catch the end of it. Saw the end of the Mariners' practice. Not too many of them signed, but the Padres signed well. Ended the day with 21 autographs.

Sunday: Padres practice in the morning followed by the Padres/Mariners game. Again, Mariners were not signing much at all, but the Padres were pretty generous. Ended the day with 81 total autographs.

Monday: Up early to the Indians arriving at the complex in Goodyear, then back to the Rangers practice, then the Rangers/Royals game, then back to the Indians leaving for the day. Rangers were surprisingly tough compared to previous years. I guess winning the pennant does that, although the practice wasn't extremely crowded, just less signing. Ended the day with 119 total autographs, mostly from Indians and Rangers minor leaguers.

Tuesday: Reds practice then Indians practice, followed by the Indians/Dodgers game. This (today) was our best day because we got some big names for our collections: Votto, Joe Morgan, Carlos Santana, Hafner, Choo, Kemp, and Mattingly. Great to end on a high note and I ended up with around 140 autographs added to my collection. Not the biggest names out there, but a few.

Thanks for reading,
Anthony

EDIT: One photo of the whole haul. A short video (1 minute) of close ups of these will be posted once YouTube processes it:
P1010661.jpg

EDIT: The video, with The Karate Kid playing in the background:
[youtube:3a8aihrd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skC2B-T7X7Y[/youtube:3a8aihrd]

jwc9p

Aug 25, 2010
Columbia, sC
That is quite an impressive haul. I thought I had a good time with 50 Braves over 2 days but you blow that out of the water. Congrats man

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts