Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Shorted an auto again from Topps...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Ripped a box of BDP and there was one pack with only one chrome card. I'm assuming that's where my missing auto was SUPPOSED to be.

I've seen others get replacements which always seem to be the absolute worst autos in the set. I'm in Japan, so sending wrappers or whatever the procedure is a major pain in the ass. It would cost more to send than the $1.00 auto I'd most likely get is worth.

I'm sick of this crap. I'm tired of hearing about packaging errors, blah blah blah. This has been happening for years and hasn't improved at all. For the love of God Topps, fix your damn packaging errors! Nothing like opening a whole box and getting nothing to start the day... Money down the toilet.

End venting session...

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Ty Hope said:
Ripped a box of BDP and there was one pack with only one chrome card. I'm assuming that's where my missing auto was SUPPOSED to be.

I've seen others get replacements which always seem to be the absolute worst autos in the set. I'm in Japan, so sending wrappers or whatever the procedure is a major pain in the ass. It would cost more to send than the $1.00 auto I'd most likely get is worth.

I'm sick of this crap. I'm tired of hearing about packaging errors, blah blah blah. This has been happening for years and hasn't improved at all. For the love of God Topps, fix your damn packaging errors! Nothing like opening a whole box and getting nothing to start the day... Money down the toilet.

End venting session...

Ty - Rant is totally justified. When you're a monopoly, you can skimp on quality because you're the only game in town. Sadly, your town is in Japan and distance is not your friend. :(

The Third Eye

Aug 26, 2008
The Fox Valley
Same thing happened to me with a BDP box a few weeks ago. I sent everything in and they said that the box isn't guaranteed an autograph. I emailed them about their mistake and have heard nothing in almost a week. Great customer service Topps.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
The Third Eye said:
Same thing happened to me with a BDP box a few weeks ago. I sent everything in and they said that the box isn't guaranteed an autograph. I emailed them about their mistake and have heard nothing in almost a week. Great customer service Topps.
what mental midget did you talk to over there? are they not able to read their own box?

!C!V78L!Bmk~$(KGrHqEOKjcEz(BedETHBNCkp-f-ew~~_3.jpg

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
When you're a monopoly, you can skimp on quality because you're the only game in town.

I'm glad no other manufacturer has ever had collation problems in the past and that they only happen when there's only one manufacturer ::facepalm::

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
uniquebaseballcards said:
When you're a monopoly, you can skimp on quality because you're the only game in town.
I'm glad no other manufacturer has ever had collation problems in the past and that they only happen when there's only one manufacturer ::facepalm::
there are CONSTANTLY autos and other hits missing from topps.

usually when there was a colation problem in DLP products, you got extra hits.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
chashawk said:
uniquebaseballcards said:
there are CONSTANTLY autos and other hits missing from topps.

usually when there was a colation problem in DLP products, you got extra hits.

Constantly? What percentage of Topps boxes are shorted? What percentage DLP gave extra?

marterburn

The Third Eye said:

They're really slacking on their emails. On a completely separate issue, I've sent them 5 emails since February 4 (waiting at least the 2-day window the automated response tell me to wait between each) and have heard NOTHING from an actual person.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I've never been shorted an auto in UD or DLPanini products

I've been shorted about 10-12 times withTopps

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Everyone who opens Topps' products should complain they were shorted a guaranteed auto- regardless of whether or not they actually were.

If Topps wants to continually lie and put out garbage...we should lie to them

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
JoshHamilton said:
Everyone who opens Topps' products should complain they were shorted a guaranteed auto- regardless of whether or not they actually were.

If Topps wants to continually lie and put out garbage...we should lie to them

+1

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
The Third Eye said:

That's total bs. I ripped a box of BDP and was shorted an auto once before. Just so happens another box that a guy at the card shop I go to opened had two in it... both boxes were out of the same case. Big shocker.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks for the replies.

Of course other companies have shorted AUTO's, etc., but with Topps it is much more frequent. At least from my experience. I have even see CASES with no autos. Every box had that one pack with one missing chrome.

This is simply unacceptable. Of course they won't do anything because they are the only ones left and can send any pathetic replacement they want.

The customer cannot win in a situation like this. I was shorted a GUARENTEED auto and everyone knows that they never send decent missing auto replacements. And its a pain in the ass to do.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do this on purpose so they can print more product or something. Most people I know in Japan (and there are lots), simply give up when they are shorted. Topps knows that MANY people will also do this. They win, we lose.

If anyone from Topps reads this, please tell me what efforts have been made in fixing these problems. Its been going on for years and never changes. The customer deserves better.

End of rant part 2.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
I ripped about four boxes of Topps Chrome this year and one box was missing an auto. Everybody that complains about them is justified.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
I always get pissed when I'm shorted something, but Topps really screwed me on the wrong day. I have been stressed out lately and bought a box for something fun and entertaining. Then I get crapped on...

I will be bumping this every day until someone from Topps (I know they are here) replies.

olerudfan

Aug 7, 2008
Arizona
Ty Hope said:
I always get pissed when I'm shorted something, but Topps really screwed me on the wrong day. I have been stressed out lately and bought a box for something fun and entertaining. Then I get crapped on...

I will be bumping this every day until someone from Topps (I know they are here) replies.

Have you hit up their customer service rep on twitter? @topps_support

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
olerudfan said:
Ty Hope said:

Have you hit up their customer service rep on twitter? @topps_support

I don't know how to use twitter. Never used it. Everyone also seems to be saying that emails are getting them nowhere, so first I'll see if they are willing to come on here.

Members online

Latest posts