Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Another great act from a board member

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Thanks to MantMaris for sending me this freebie! :D

1955_IP_Auto.jpg

1955 Topps Rookie Card (signed)

I had been contemplating going after an IP auto of each of Zimmer's vintage Topps cards. I think you've inspired me to take up the challenge in earnest. Thanks so much Graig!

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
WOW!!! :eek:

That is a GREAT looking card....especially signed in ballpoint pen!

Way to go MantMaris. :)

MantMaris

Jul 29, 2010
Wisconsin
More than happy to hook up a player collector. I know it has a good home :D Enjoy and good luck on that vintage auto quest!

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Awesome card! It it definitely something you should start to focus on! There is so much you can get, especially because he is still alive and signing (is he signing?)

Brian

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Mozzie22 said:
It looks like you'll have a great opportunity to add more auto's at this year's national here in Chicago, Zim is going to be here.
http://www.tristarproductions.com/National/tickets.html

Posted thanked! Hadn't seen the autograph lineup yet.

I got his auto at the Andre Dawson Celebrity Softball Game last year hosted by the Schaumburg Flyers. I brought his 1947 high school yearbook for him to sign, but the show promoters ruined everyone's day by announcing at the game that the guests would only sign the $5 program you had to buy. So looking forward to getting that signed, and maybe some other items. Can't see paying National prices though for cards.

zim_signing.jpg

zim_signing2.jpg

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Okay, I'm officially making it a quest for one each of a signed Topps vintage Don Zimmer card from 1955-1965, plus his 73, 78, 88, 89, 90 and 91 Topps manager cards. So 17 signed cards. Just picked up number 2 (1964 Topps) for a $9 Best Offer (JSA Authenticated).

!B7)8e-Q!Wk~$(KGrHqR,!hIEyr6bO,S+BM1NrbgC0Q~~0_12.jpg

And MantMaris strikes again. Said he found this too (1956 Topps) and is sending it my way. What a guy!!! I think he gets a Christmas card from me this year! :lol:

001-3.jpg

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
gracecollector said:
Okay, I'm officially making it a quest for one each of a signed Topps vintage Don Zimmer card from 1955-1965, plus his 73, 78, 88, 89, 90 and 91 Topps manager cards. So 17 signed cards. Just picked up number 2 (1964 Topps) for a $9 Best Offer (JSA Authenticated).

!B7)8e-Q!Wk~$(KGrHqR,!hIEyr6bO,S+BM1NrbgC0Q~~0_12.jpg

And MantMaris strikes again. Said he found this too (1956 Topps) and is sending it my way. What a guy!!! I think he gets a Christmas card from me this year! :lol:

001-3.jpg
:shock:

What a guy is right! Great pickup on the 64 Topps. Keep us updated

Members online

Latest posts