Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

shipping to china/hong kong

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaveH

Apr 28, 2009
hey guys, did a search last night. found an "international shipping" thread that looked like it would answer my Q's, but it didn't. went to both UPS and USPS today and came away only slightly less confused than after looking at prices online.

how much should I charge to ship to china/hongkong? and to canada? I used to be very lax with my shipping and would try to find the cheapest options, but after being burned on a Bryce Harper card [from a US bidder], I am not interested in giving away free cards to dishonest buyers anymore.

As near as I can tell, registered mail is the cheapest option, at $11.50 plus the weight, and sig confirmation is $2.30.... I have a bunch of Chinese bidders asking for shipping cost on a current auction I have running, and I still don't know what to tell them. It used to be "how would you like it shipped?" ... now its "In order to cover my back, I have to ship it this way"

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
BowmanChromeAddict said:
Best option is USPS International Priority in the Small Flat Rate boxes. I believe it is $11.95 for Canada and $13.95 for everywhere else.

DO NOT USE the Small Flat Rate Box for International, as there is NO TRACKING OUTSIDE THE US! (Except in some cases - not always, to large cities in Canada.) You will essentially waste your money and the tracking will only update to the point of the last U.S. scan point, allowing any unscrupulous international buyer to file a claim and automatically win once they get the item.

Express Mail Flat Rate Envelope is the way to go in most cases (costs about $28), for items under $250. There is NO electronic signature confirmation service for ANY international service from USPS, so if you want to be 100% sure you don't get burned, you'll need to use UPS/Fedex/DHL for those items over $250 (likely to cost upwards of $50), or simply not sell to international bidders.

DaveH

Apr 28, 2009
ugh. i knew it wouldn't be so simple. $28 is so much, but thanks for the response

Members online