Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question about mini helmets.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

studioclint

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago
I was wondering how visually exact they are compared to real nfl helmets? If I photographed a mini helmet and had nothing next to it to reference its scale would you be able to tell it is a mini helmet? Thanks. Clint

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
I'm pretty sure they also don't look like some of the newer helmets.
Like the "Revolution" model a lot of players wear (think there may even be a newer model too)......a few years ago I'd say they were pretty close, but now with all the head injuries and advances, I'm pretty sure most players have models that don't really look like the minis.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Also, on most Minis you notice the sticker the logo is on pretty quickly. It doesn't blend in as nicely as they do on the Full Size.

studioclint

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago
Thanks for all the responses. I was afraid it might be possible to tell they are not real helmets. I wanted to make a photo of two helmets colliding. Just didn't want to shell out the money for real helmets. Thanks. Clint

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
studioclint said:
Thanks for all the responses. I was afraid it might be possible to tell they are not real helmets. I wanted to make a photo of two helmets colliding. Just didn't want to shell out the money for real helmets. Thanks. Clint

You can tell a mini from a real one..

The mini's look like toys.. the real ones have the detail..

the1mcjensen

Aug 7, 2008
not real, but here is a replica full size

BuccaneersFullSizeasof10-19-2010a.jpg

and a mini.

joshfreemanbuccaneersmini.jpg

the logo on the mini is larger compared to total size

Members online

Latest posts