Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official FCB ST Prospect Tracker Thread 3/4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Brandon Beachy is making a strong case for the 5th spot - 3 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 4 K

Mike Minor is making one as well - 3 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 2 BB, 3 K

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Even though they're not playing against a ML team today, there are a few noteworthy lines from Jays players:

d'Arnaud - 2-2, 3B, 3 RBI

Alvarez - 2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 0 K

McGuire - 2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 4 K

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Porcello was mowing them down today: 3 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K

While 1 hit and no runs is great in three innings, is that mowing them down? I guess I always associated mowing with a lot of Ks....

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
masonphillip said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

While 1 hit and no runs is great in three innings, is that mowing them down? I guess I always associated mowing with a lot of Ks....

I would consider a 0.33 WHIP mowing them down-regardless of K rate.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Freddie Freeman: 1-3 with 2 RBI's and a BB...still going...

Banuelos scheduled to pitch tonight! :D

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
masonphillip said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

Guess I don't know..I always just took it to mean the pitcher was going through the opponent's lineup outs quickly.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
masonphillip said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":23hz91zz]Porcello was mowing them down today: 3 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K

Guess I don't know..I always just took it to mean the pitcher was going through the opponent's lineup outs quickly.[/quote:23hz91zz]

After others posted the definitions, yep, I think that's it.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
masonphillip said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
masonphillip said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":2yvpjzjx]Porcello was mowing them down today: 3 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K

Guess I don't know..I always just took it to mean the pitcher was going through the opponent's lineup outs quickly.

After others posted the definitions, yep, I think that's it.[/quote:2yvpjzjx]

Everyone has their own view of what it could mean, though. I could certainly see how you could relate it to meaning a lot of strikeouts.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts