Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Muhammad Ali Info - REAL CHECKLIST AND INFO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Ok... here is an update....

Jürgen Blin & Karl Mildenberger will NOT be able to sign the cards for the upcoming ALI release.... These will be replaced by 12 additional fans of ALI...

Richard Dunn and Brian London (originally thought to be deleted from the checklist) are sending cards back next week!

So below is the final checklist of names for the ALI release:

Muhammad Ali (one per pack from below list):
- ON CARD fight worn autographs
- fight worn (parallels)
- event worn (and parallels)
- cut signatures
- printing plate 1/1's

Autographs (2 per pack from below list):

ALI Associates (on-card) -- each associate has 2 different cards:
ANGELO DUNDEE
WILBERT MCCLURE
RUBIN "HURRICANE" CARTER

ALI opponents (on-card) --- each has 2 different cards:
JOE FRAZIER
EARNIE SHAVERS
GEORGE CHUVALO
ALEX MITEFF
LARRY HOLMES
LEON SPINKS
RICHARD DUNN
RON LYLE
BOB FOSTER
BRIAN LONDON
CHUCK WEPNER

Fans of Ali (on-card):
HULK HOGAN
DONALD TRUMP
ROY JONES JR.
NOLAN RYAN
MAGIC JOHNSON
MICKEY ROURKE

Fans of Ali (not on-card) -- ALL ARE SHORT PRINTED :
DENNIS RODMAN
ERNEST BORGNINE
BRUCE JENNER
CHERYL TIEGS
BO DEREK
LOU GOSSETT JR.
CHRISTOPHER JUDGE
MIA ST. JOHN
CHUCK ZITO
ICE T
MARY WILSON (SUPREMES)
KEVIN SORBO

plus, 100 card base set which fall 5 per pack.

We are pleased to share the above information with you. We are confident this release will definately be shipped in March.
Your patience and understanding is appreciated. This product has not gone without challenges, however anyone who has seen these in person is well aware of the work that went into bringing you guys a killer item.

As we are willing to share on this site relevant information, we do ask that posts in this thread be limited to relevant information/questions regarding the above checklist...

Hopefully, our transparency is adequate to answer relevant questions.
Regards, Brian Gray

VinnyH

Oct 5, 2010
Westchester, NY
I do appreciate the checklist and knowing that Hogan and Trump signed much more than I thought. As I said earlier, it has the potential to be a nice, quality, boxing set. Your post does ease the speculation which is inherent in these presells.

Thanks,
VinnyH

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Very cool to see a complete checklist. How does the addition of the 2 fighters effect the 12 additional sticker autos though? Will they become more SP or will some people get more hits in a pack than advertised?

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Are the Fans of Ali (not on-card) SP's equally sp'ed? Like are there 50 of each for instance?

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Ty Hope said:
Very cool to see a complete checklist. How does the addition of the 2 fighters effect the 12 additional sticker autos though? Will they become more SP or will some people get more hits in a pack than advertised?

We are reducing the quanitites of the sticker autos... The more SP the better I think...
BG

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Leaf said:
Ty Hope said:

We are reducing the quanitites of the sticker autos... The more SP the better I think...
BG

The few the sticker autos the better, no question. Might I offer a suggestion though. Instead of keeping all 12 and reducing them all, would it be possible to simply cut some of the lower end names all together instead?

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
nyc3 said:
Are the Fans of Ali (not on-card) SP's equally sp'ed? Like are there 50 of each for instance?

They are all equal (and definately way more signatures than that)..
BG

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Ty Hope said:
Leaf said:
[quote="Ty Hope":3sgn0bql]Very cool to see a complete checklist. How does the addition of the 2 fighters effect the 12 additional sticker autos though? Will they become more SP or will some people get more hits in a pack than advertised?

BG

The few the sticker autos the better, no question. Might I offer a suggestion though. Instead of keeping all 12 and reducing them all, would it be possible to simply cut some of the lower end names all together instead?[/quote:3sgn0bql]

Ill check into that with my team.
BG

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Leaf said:
nyc3 said:

BG

More than 50 each? How many are you planning on? When I think SP, I normally think under 100.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Leaf said:
nyc3 said:

BG

I apologize I just threw a number out. Thank you.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Sweet the original Rocky... Chuck Wepner is in it!!!! I know he had issues before and was on hard times. Nice that you gave him a chance to be in this set.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
I know everyone else is thinking it, so I might as well be the one to ask. What are the print runs for each auto?

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
GarkoCollector said:
I've wanted a Hurricane Carter auto for awhile. Looking forward to the chance to pull one.

DSC01863.jpg

ryanscardz

Jan 7, 2011
Waukee, Iowa
I know Brian asked for limited comments about the checklist, but I have to say I am EXTREMELY EXCITED for the case that I ordered!!!!!!!!! Can't wait!!!!!!!

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
matchpenalty said:
Sweet the original Rocky... Chuck Wepner is in it!!!! I know he had issues before and was on hard times. Nice that you gave him a chance to be in this set.

Hard times is one thing, being part of one of the largest autograph forging ring is another. I am pretty sure his hard times came after operation bullpen. Not when he was hawking fake autographs. I am just surprised BG being a huge Ali fan and having read operation bullpen ok'ed it. But What ever the case I am sure there is a reason. And that wont stop be from busting a case or 2.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
What is ballpark figure on case run. No doubt this stuff will be on fire. We have all seen some of the hits in beefy video. Ty would you think this will be the best boxing release to date, with all Ali stuff in it and this auto checklist?. hard to top. But I have no idea about past boxing sets.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
matchpenalty said:
What is ballpark figure on case run. No doubt this stuff will be on fire. We have all seen some of the hits in beefy video. Ty would you think this will be the best boxing release to date, with all Ali stuff in it and this auto checklist?. hard to top. But I have no idea about past boxing sets.

Best pure boxing product? No way, I think that honor goes to Ringside boxing round one. Amazing checklist of autos, all on-card, very cool memorabilia, 1/1 parallels, etc. Cant pass a judgment on this until I rip it though.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
No doubt Chuck did some bad stuff in past trying to get by, not all his own doing. I think he has health/mental issues as well. Just glad he is getting auto as he was part of one of the great Ali fights and inspired Stallone in making the original Rocky movie, based of the Wepner Ali fight. Definitly picking up a Wepner auto for PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts