Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Get Graded or not???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

e.v.

Jan 23, 2011
What would this Bobby Borcherings grade be?
I was thinking about getting it graded but held off should I get it graded?

Thanks,
erik

IMG-2.jpg

IMG_0001-1.jpg

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
e.v. said:
Messier2 said:
Holy Xfractor line! :shock: Haven't seen one of those in a while...
X Fractor line??

Unfortunately, xfractors can often have lines on them. If you look just under his elbow, there is a line that runs across the card. That's from the card being an xfractor. It's not worth grading because of the line. BGS gives low surface grades on xfractor lines.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
The line across the front (common with xfractors) is going to make it difficult for you to get better than a BGS 9 on that card.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I don't think they ding for XFractor lines anymore. I believe it was 2008 Draft when they 'fixed' the line problem, making them virtually invisible to the naked eye. They only become visible when scanned with certain lighting.

Check out the line near the top of this card, and notice the 9.5 centering grade. While the line is obvious in the scan, it is extremely difficult to notice when looking at the actual card.

PerryX95.jpg

saferseas

Mar 9, 2010
Portland, OR
The centering may actually be good; it appears the scan may have cut off the bottom of the card. But yeah, that line would ding the surface grade, so I doubt it would come back a gem.

e.v.

Jan 23, 2011
The scanner cut off the bottom of the card.
It realy just is about the same in length top to bottom.