Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What do you hate about the new ebay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
With ebay changing these days, the new formats get a lot of hate. Some of these changes have been good, some not so. What do you love, and hate about the ebay changes?

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
I cant think of one change they have ever made that was any good.
Do people wanna just keep getting used to something, just to have to learn
it all over again? ebay is run by apes.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
dont like anything about the new ebay....so used to the old version that im still tinkering with the new my page

dave

btw, andrew, how's pops doing? hope all is well. and damn! on the red beckham!

caseumsd6

Aug 13, 2008
I dislike that they charge so much in final value fees. It is rediculous how much I lose out of my pocket in fees. Plus, I'm still not used to the new my ebay page. I do not really care for it, and prefer CR's page. Much cleaner and easier to navigate.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
I used to have it set up so that as soon as I logged on and searched...it was in newly listed mode. Now it is always in best match and I have to change it.

I also don't like the way the new auction pages look.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
As stated already, the final value fees. It's cheaper to sell an iPhone for $300 than it is to sell a card for $300. Of course, fee avoidance gets your listing removed so they get you by the kahunas either way.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
The aspect I dislike most about eBay has been the shift toward fixed priced listings. I'm tired of wading through zillions of listings to find something that is decently priced. The fee scale has pushed people in this direction, and I think that in the long run this will wind up hurting eBay tremendously, as it removes the competitive advantage eBay had over other sites. eBay was so successful because the traffic they had was a necessary component of an auction site, and this kept other sites from being able to start up. In a fixed priced market, there is little reason to list on eBay over any other site, and there will likely be other sites springing up to enter the game and someone will do it better that eBay (something that was virtually impossible if eBay remained a site dedicated to auctions.)

cstmleather

Jan 14, 2009
Don't mind the new look much.

Still not over the increased FVF. Might have to increase prices or charge actual shipping fees

I do like this.
PowerSeller Discount: You Saved 20% on Final Value Fee This Billing Cycle -$25.30
You received double your Final Value Fee discount on items sold with free shipping -$17.07

Though I think it's dropped to 15% for this month.

- Angel

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Slow. Slow. Slow. Nothing wrong with the new format, look, organization. It is just too dang slow for me. As I posted yesterday, I do have an older Pentium III PC, but the old ebay formats loaded with NO problem, and fast. Now, it is 3 to 4 times slower. And I have high speed DSL. So it's not my internet connection. I think they overdid it with the style sheets and interface changes.

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
I actually like the new layout of the My eBay page.

As for what Topnotchsy said about changing more to BIN. Yeah, they lowered the price to list BINs, but they increased the FVFs. They are hoping that people list with high BIN, but accept lower best offers.

What they hope people don't realize is, if you aren't going to do the Best Offer option on your BIN, it is cheaper to start an auction with a high starting price with a BIN for the same price.

allstarauction

Aug 7, 2008
Has anyone figured out a way to "lock" the My Ebay pages? Every time I scroll down the page with the mouse over the middle of the computer it slows down because it thinks you are going to click and drag the different summaries... Its driving me nuts... Or am I the only one having this problem :?

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Autismic said:
What new changes?
What are you guys talking about,it is the exact same as it has always been.

That's it... I'm moving to Canada!

I hate the new look, it's all jumbo and stupid looking. Maybe it will be better after I tinker with it, but for now I've just decided not to bid on anything. Too confusing.

Not really, just wanted to give sellers something to think about. Because there really are people out there who think that way...