Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Won a sweet Jeter card but got screwed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
Iv'e heard he's a packsearcher, not sure about shilling. What's wrong with the auction? Not following. It's numbered to 2.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
trademhigh said:
Iv'e heard he's a packsearcher, not sure about shilling. What's wrong with the auction? Not following. It's numbered to 2.

I think he does consignment sales, and that's why he always has nice cards. I don't know about pack searching.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
The card is nice...the shot from Jeter going into the stands and being #2/2...i thought i could get it for $275-$300...oh well...i still like it

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
jdacunha said:
someone IMed me and told me i got ripped...and the seller is a shiller...

Sounds like a reliable source. I can't say yes or no on it, but I've never heard anything about it. I wouldn't be surprised. I won a card from him for 70 a few weeks ago and then won the same card from another seller recently for 30.

MTBright

Aug 7, 2008
why do you think it was shilled. second highest bidder seems fine which means you would have been that high.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
You should've put in a lower snipe if you wanted to lose. I've never heard anything about this seller, and don't see anything weird in the bidders except 2 have hidden feedback. But no, short of not paying or working out a deal directly with the seller there's nothing you can do.

MTBright

Aug 7, 2008
smapdi said:
You should've put in a lower snipe if you wanted to lose. I've never heard anything about this seller, and don't see anything weird in the bidders except 2 have hidden feedback. But no, short of not paying or working out a deal directly with the seller there's nothing you can do.

+1

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
tommyfro21 said:
I must be missing it, but nothing in the bidding looks fishy. Were did it possibly occur?

the guy that bid $270....looks like it wouldn't have made a difference.

any who...nice card?

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
The only one that looks shady is 8***i( 1207) with 80% of activity with wolverine24's auctions. However, his mid was only 270 and it went well beyond that.

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
Wolverine snipes his auctions? Really? I've bought from him a couple times and I've always gotten good deals. I highly doubt he shills. Whether it was someone else who has a personal vendetta against you.. I dunno.

However, I don't know why you are complaining. You decided that is how high you would go and you won it. It's not really anyone's fault as such.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
coltsfan23 said:
Wolverine snipes his auctions? Really? I've bought from him a couple times and I've always gotten good deals. I highly doubt he shills. Whether it was someone else who has a personal vendetta against you.. I dunno.

However, I don't know why you are complaining. You decided that is how high you would go and you won it. It's not really anyone's fault as such.

:lol: That's what I was thinking... don't bid what you don't want to pay.

Members online

Latest posts