Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Unbelievable... Did I actually get a steal from Burbank?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
A few years ago I put together the complete 2003 Donruss Team Heroes Timeline Threads Jersey Card set (see it here). The key card in the set is the Stan Musial jersey #/42. Nice card featuring a swatch from a jersey actually worn his rookie year. Card is unpriced in Beckett due to scarcity. When I put the set together, it was a hard one to find but I got the one below for around $60.

musial03DTH.jpg

Sometimes I look on eBay for upgrades to the set (some cards had patch pieces). I saw today that Burbank had a bunch of them listed. Nolan Ryan #/101 is listed at $111, Al Kaline #/64 is listed at $55.50, Andruw Jones #/96 is at $61.75, Mike Schmidt #/81 is at $88.80. But the Musial was listed with a BIN of $24.79. I snapped it up at that price. Heck, Lance Berkman #/102 was listed at $24.79.

I hope I receive the card. If I do, I think I'll have actually got the better of Burbank. Yes! It makes up for the one card I want from them that they have overpriced by 50% that I refuse to buy, and their curt emails to me that "Our price is our price" when I offered 110% of Beckett BV for it.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
I sure you got the best of them. I offered them $600 for two cards with "BV" of $525 and they wouldn't come off of their $900 price tag for the two.

Congrats on the nice pick-up of a '42 jersey of The Man.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
gracecollector said:
A few years ago I put together the complete 2003 Donruss Team Heroes Timeline Threads Jersey Card set (see it here). The key card in the set is the Stan Musial jersey #/42. Nice card featuring a swatch from a jersey actually worn his rookie year. Card is unpriced in Beckett due to scarcity. When I put the set together, it was a hard one to find but I got the one below for around $60.

musial03DTH.jpg

Sometimes I look on eBay for upgrades to the set (some cards had patch pieces). I saw today that Burbank had a bunch of them listed. Nolan Ryan #/101 is listed at $111, Al Kaline #/64 is listed at $55.50, Andruw Jones #/96 is at $61.75, Mike Schmidt #/81 is at $88.80. But the Musial was listed with a BIN of $24.79. I snapped it up at that price. Heck, Lance Berkman #/102 was listed at $24.79.

I hope I receive the card. If I do, I think I'll have actually got the better of Burbank. Yes! It makes up for the one card I want from them that they have overpriced by 50% that I refuse to buy, and their curt emails to me that "Our price is our price" when I offered 110% of Beckett BV for it.

Blows my mind! Great story, hope you do get the card! Make sure you email them back and tell them what that card SHOULD have been priced at and that you got 'em good!!! LOL Ok I'll calm down now.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
miguelcabrera said:
what grace and how much, thinking of way overpaying myself from a card at burbank

Probably not a good idea for me to say. I may bite the bullet someday and actually buy it. I'll have to get good and drunk first though. Although selling the Musial and using the money for it is not a bad idea. It would work out just about right for me to get the card at the right price.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
wideright said:
Blows my mind! Great story, hope you do get the card! Make sure you email them back and tell them what that card SHOULD have been priced at and that you got 'em good!!! LOL Ok I'll calm down now.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
gracecollector said:
miguelcabrera said:
what grace and how much, thinking of way overpaying myself from a card at burbank

Probably not a good idea for me to say. I may bite the bullet someday and actually buy it. I'll have to get good and drunk first though. Although selling the Musial and using the money for it is not a bad idea. It would work out just about right for me to get the card at the right price.

What are you thinking the Musial would sell for?

Cobra29svt

Aug 7, 2008
Richmond, Va
I hope you get it too. I won a nice Nomo from them that was priced below market value and after I paid they sent me an e-mail a few days later saying that the card was mislisted.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Cobra29svt said:
I hope you get it too. I won a nice Nomo from them that was priced below market value and after I paid they sent me an e-mail a few days later saying that the card was mislisted.

I hope you neg'd them for it.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I bought a Stadium Club 1st Day Issue from them when they first started the mass-listings. I got it for $5, which was a great price as this particular one had been selling in the $25 range at the time. Anyway, I get the card, but they are currently selling another one for $110 approximately...which is a joke.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I think I wrote in another post how they offered some rare 1990s Nomos. I noticed a couple people picked up the Burbank BINs and one seller flipped a $255 Nomo for $715!

gracecollector said:

musial03DTH.jpg

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
mlbsalltimegreats said:
Nice steal Brad and good to see ya :) !!!

Yeah, my work blocked FCB finally so not on as much. Then last month my home laptop died and didn't replace it right away. So was only on the boards when I went to the library. I'm fixed at home now, so at least I can visit after 6pm now. Thanks for the hello.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
moxacaine said:
Cobra29svt said:

I hope you neg'd them for it.

That's crap. I'd totally drop a negative for that.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Happy ending! This beauty finally arrived...

musial1.jpg
musial2.jpg

I love how these cards showed the actual jersey the swatch is from. But kind of sad they cut up that great Musial jersey.

Members online