Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Seems like everytime I get a decent deal on ebay... UPDATE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RandomH

I get this kind of message:

"I'm sorry but the cards were damaged beyond repair .I would like to cancel the transaction and return your funds."

Happened to me twice in the past week. The above won was from
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... AQ:US:1123
and
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT

Hate this kinda crap. Just a rant. ::facepalm::

EDIT:
Also how do you go about blocking a seller?

THIS IS WHAT HE RESPONDED WITH:
"I can't send you a scan of the damages. I threw all the cards away. They are at the landfill by now.I would never thought that anyone would doubt my reason for the damages.My grandson scribbled on them with a permanent marker.I'm sorry I can not possibly fullfill your request.Unless you have some other reasonable request,I will have no choice but to open a case. I don't really want to do that.It seems like a simple solution has become complicated.I just want to return your funds.I am fairly new to Ebay and if you look at my history.I have never cancelled a sale until now.I really don't need a negative rating.Looking forward to hearing more from you. Seems you have been using Ebay a long time. I am just learning."

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Re: Seems like everytime I get a decent deal on ebay...

take the refund and leave a negative.....

That is about all you can do but hopefully it teaches the seller a lesson

skrip

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City

ballerskrip said:
take the refund and leave a negative.....

That is about all you can do but hopefully it teaches the seller a lesson

skrip
Yep, hit them with a neg. Well in this case two.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA

Ask for a scan of the card and I'm sure you'll get another great response. On another note, not sure how often it has happened to you but if it has in the past, do you watch their auctions to see if they relist?

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis

Don't cancel the transaction. Take the refund and leave the negative like everyone else suggests.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States

IndyMann said:
Don't cancel the transaction. Take the refund and leave the negative like everyone else suggests.

Thats what i would do and if he refuses and wants to cancel, file a claim and get your money back that way and then leave him a neg.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL

Send him the following very polite letter:

I am sorry to hear that the cards have been damaged. I will happily cancel the transaction if you will do one thing for me: provide me a scan of the item that shows the damage you have described. I unfortunately have to require proof of damage because many sellers attempt to back out of eBay sales contracts by falsely asserting the item has been damaged. Once I have proof of the damage I will gladly cancel the transaction. Thank you for your cooperation.

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA

James52411 said:
Send him the following very polite letter:

I am sorry to hear that the cards have been damaged. I will happily cancel the transaction if you will do one thing for me: provide me a scan of the item that shows the damage you have described. I unfortunately have to require proof of damage because many sellers attempt to back out of eBay sales contracts by falsely asserting the item has been damaged. Once I have proof of the damage I will gladly cancel the transaction. Thank you for your cooperation.

This is good.

Also, remember to block the person before you leave a neg.

cartersprings

Aug 7, 2008
MN

RandomH said:
If I accept a refund, he can't hit me with a neg if I hit him with one, correct?

Sellers cannot leave negs for buyers anymore, so no worry there. I would just make sure to block him to try to prevent retaliatory feedback.

RandomH

I can't send you a scan of the damages. I threw all the cards away. They are at the landfill by now.I would never thought that anyone would doubt my reason for the damages.My grandson scribbled on them with a permanent marker.I'm sorry I can not possibly fullfill your request.Unless you have some other reasonable request,I will have no choice but to open a case. I don't really want to do that.It seems like a simple solution has become complicated.I just want to return your funds.I am fairly new to Ebay and if you look at my history.I have never cancelled a sale until now.I really don't need a negative rating.Looking forward to hearing more from you. Seems you have been using Ebay a long time. I am just learning.

Weatherwarrior

Aug 7, 2008
NE Georgia

Well i sold a card that as i was packaging it i dropped and dinged the corner real bad so what i did was refund the seller send him the card so he could see the damage and a couple freebies just to show I wasn't trying to screw the guy.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
If it was long enough ago that the cards would be in a landfill, there was plenty of time left to cancel the auction.

And I don't know what he'd possibly open his own case about. You paid for the auction. He can't open a case on you for refusing to cancel the transaction.

Open your own case, get refund, leave neg.

Oh, and ask him how the couple lots of 5 that he sold for $80 and $133 magically survived his kid's crayons!

zep33

Aug 24, 2008
Cape Cod, Mass

Weatherwarrior said:
Well i sold a card that as i was packaging it i dropped and dinged the corner real bad so what i did was refund the seller send him the card so he could see the damage and a couple freebies just to show I wasn't trying to screw the guy.

I did the same thing with 2 Strasburg cards during prime sale time last year. I gave him both cards for free and refunded all his money and he couldn't even be bothered saying thanks.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
notjomommasclint said:
tell him...

i will gladly cancel when i have a handwritten apology from your grandson and you have sent me a video of you spanking him.

Why am I not surprised that your response includes "spanking", "video", and "grandson"?

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL

RandomH said:
I can't send you a scan of the damages. I threw all the cards away. They are at the landfill by now.I would never thought that anyone would doubt my reason for the damages.My grandson scribbled on them with a permanent marker.I'm sorry I can not possibly fullfill your request.Unless you have some other reasonable request,I will have no choice but to open a case. I don't really want to do that.It seems like a simple solution has become complicated.I just want to return your funds.I am fairly new to Ebay and if you look at my history.I have never cancelled a sale until now.I really don't need a negative rating.Looking forward to hearing more from you. Seems you have been using Ebay a long time. I am just learning.

What case would he possibly have? :lol:

RandomH

James52411 said:
RandomH said:

What case would he possibly have? :lol:
Yeah what the frack is this guy talking about? ::facepalm::

Members online

Latest posts