Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is it foolish for people selling Montero right now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
I see that people are getting 135 for refractor autos now, but can't those double in no time?

StrasburgMania

Jan 7, 2011
what do you see base chromes being at in the future? Im sure people thought they could make more and more on strasburg and greedy people kept waiting for more and more then look what happened......

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
I was offered a 9.5 Gold of his and turned it down, Guy wanted 750cv trade for it and just don't know it enough. Did I make a bad choice?

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
1. Is Montero definitely going to start for the Yankees out of Spring Training?

If the answer is yes, then it probably makes sense to wait a couple of weeks for when that announcement is made because that may cause a spike in values. If that happens, then you sell unless you really believe that this guy is going to be a superstar, or at least have a superstar rookie year.

Yankees1218

Jan 1, 2010
StrasburgMania said:
im selling.........hahaha

I can only try and teach you so much.

To answer the OP's question, 100,000% yes. He is so set up to explode come april 1st...

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
I'm proud to say I have the only Platinum green refractor auto on ebay right now(and it's not a redemption)...and it came out of retail!

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Montero is ready to explode for sure.
Like Baller said, he will start the reg. season in the minors though. Sorry.

If you can profit, it's never a bad time to sell.
But those fools selling now..... hahahahaha.

StrasburgMania

Jan 7, 2011
LLWesMan said:
It's pretty foolish to sell now if you think he's going to be good - profit or not. If you don't - then why did you buy his cards in the first place?
i don't care im still makeing money from what i paid for them

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
LLWesMan said:
It's pretty foolish to sell now if you think he's going to be good - profit or not. If you don't - then why did you buy his cards in the first place?

Exactly. There's really no reason to sell right now because there's not much that can make his cards go down in value...but there is a lot that could help them go up. Pretty low risk to hold for a few weeks, with a potential high reward.

glewis22

Jan 8, 2010
ballerskrip said:
Yankees1218 said:
StrasburgMania said:
im selling.........hahaha

I can only try and teach you so much.

To answer the OP's question, 100,000% yes. He is so set up to explode come april 1st...

Why, because he will be in AAA?

Skrip, pay attention, hes coming North at the very least. He is also better than Martin right now, so he may even get the starting job. I dont think this will happen, but he is not going to AAA this year. Nice try at a buzzkill though.

StrasburgMania

Jan 7, 2011
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
LLWesMan said:

Exactly. There's really no reason to sell right now because there's not much that can make his cards go down in value...but there is a lot that could help them go up. Pretty low risk to hold for a few weeks, with a potential high reward.
i know you can never really tell but if he has the "high potential reward" what do you see base/refractor autos hitting....

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
StrasburgMania said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
LLWesMan said:

i know you can never really tell but if he has the "high potential reward" what do you see base/refractor autos hitting....

I could see base hitting $150-$200+. I don't know where Heyward base autos peaked, but if Montero saw a similar price hike, the New York market would almost certainly push his values above Heyward's peaks.

Members online

Latest posts