Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1991 Chris Hoiles Variaton PSA 10 (1/1)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richtree

Jan 4, 2010
Hey guys,

I know there isn't a solid answer, but I will just ask for conversation sake. How do you determine a card's value when it is a pop 1.

I have the 1991 Chris Hoiles Variaton PSA 10 (1/1). I put it up for sale on ebay, but then removed it because I am struggling with the price.

I have finally decided to let some of my rare variations go, as long as I don't sell for a cheap buck.

1991 Chris Hoiles Variaton regularly sells in the 80-150 range and some have been as low as 50 but some as high as 200.

I have the only PSA 10 graded of the "White inner frame" or "Grey inner frame" depending on who you ask.

It is a topps variation, and some say that there are very limited quantities of this card.

I have been offered up to 150 already without really "shopping" it, so is there a formula or anything that you would use???

Say highest sale X's 2 ...? since there isn't a SMR value.....

thanks peeps!!!

2011-03-07_20-51-39_773.jpg

richtree

Jan 4, 2010
Russ S. said:
New to me!

I dabble in Hoiles from time to time, and never thought there was a card of his that sold for over $30. ;)

they regularly sold for 100 plus, but then one seller had 3 of them and it dropped way down but since that time there hasn't been another for sale and all the offers I had were between 100 bux and I think the highest was 169.99...

but it is 1/1 and I doubt many people have these at all, never mind psa 10 quality for part of a Topps basic set

richtree

Jan 4, 2010
gvsu96 said:
$.99 start and let the PSA collectors fight it out.

yeah, but if the one or two guys that would pay $300 for it are on vacation or forget it, or don't see it ., etc...

then i may get stuck with a big ebay store buying it for cheap and then throwing it up with a BIN/BO for the long haul...

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Problem is there are only 13 PSA set builders and no one is over 10% complete for the set. My guess is a set collector is not buying the card but some odd-ball collector will.
http://www.psacard.com/PSASetRegistry/C ... spx?c=1108

I would post it on the PSA message board and ask there.

You could always list it for $1k BIN/BO and see what offers you get.......My guess is $250ish.

richtree

Jan 4, 2010
George_Calfas said:
Problem is there are only 13 PSA set builders and no one is over 10% complete for the set. My guess is a set collector is not buying the card but some odd-ball collector will.
http://www.psacard.com/PSASetRegistry/C ... spx?c=1108

I would post it on the PSA message board and ask there.

You could always list it for $1k BIN/BO and see what offers you get.......My guess is $250ish.

I guess people haven't started a serious 1991 topps set registry yet. Maybe I will inspire someone !!!! LOL !! :lol:

Members online

Latest posts