Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Opinion needed. Thinking of submitting Pujols' for slabbing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jsa will be at local card store

I want to submit a few ginters for encapsulation protection

I dont want any damage done to the cards. But they look so nice slabbed

What would you do?

Pre slabbed
b706aac4.jpg

Slabbed
JSABGS013-1.jpg

I want these slabbed.
bd8da16a-1.jpg

ginters-1.jpg

thomasginter.jpg

0acc9df9.jpg

Lincy.jpg

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
I like the look of PSA/DNA slabs better than BGS personally, but since the Longo is BGS, you might as well slab the others with BGS as well.

Sweet cards.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
I really don't get the point of slabbing them. I see four reasons to do it--authenticity, protection, uniformity and BGS-slab-sexinesss appeal--and I don't think that any of them really make sense in this case.

Authenticity: Most (all?) of those cards were from paid signings, so the authenticity is not in question.

Uniformity: You can get that many different ways, such as in a binder, in toploaders, or in magnetic/screw down cases. Another thing to consider here is that there are over a thousand A&G cards. How many do you want to get slabbed, and will it bother you if you only do it with some of them?

Protection: When's the last time that you damaged a card that was in one of the above? Binders maybe, but most of the time, when cards are damaged it's due to handling when they're out of a holder. Toploaders are more pliable than slabs, but you'd have to really twist one to damage the card within. Finally, magnetic or screw down holders have got to protect a card just as well as any slab.

BGS-slab-sexiness appeal: I think it really comes down to this. Lots of people on this board seem to think that you're only "down with it" if your cards are slabbed. It's similar to how people want cards of the next great prospect: partly because you might make a profit off of them, but to a greater extent, I think, because that's what everyone else wants. I'm far from immune to herd mentality myself--I wear my Abercrombie, and occassionally laugh at jokes I don't get. But damn, $20 for a freaking piece of plastic? Your call dude, but that's not for me.

Members online

Latest posts