Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Here's a good EBay story for you.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
I found an auction for a card that was bin/bo of 99.99. I offered the seller $40, which I thought was fair based on the player. He countered with $60 and I said the highest I would like to go was $45 based on similar auctions. This was for a 1/1, so I know it's hard to gauge prices. He emailed me and said if I would do $55 he would settle for that. So I said to counter me with an offer of $55 dlvd and I would accept it. About 5 minutes later I get a notice that my offer of $40 was accepted, and he changed his shipping price from 2.99 to $15.

I went ahead and paid, as I'm not too picky when it comes to these types of things. I know technically that's a circumvention of fees, and it ate away at his fees and my eBay bucks. I'm just venting I guess, but what would you do in this situation?

marhjan

Aug 2, 2010
98Whitesteed said:
Your Ebay bucks? You mean that $00.15 you missed out on? Wow ::facepalm::

Actually it's $0.30 of Ebay bucks that got circumvented ($15 x 2/100 = $0.30) Plus the OP is a Big Crumbs member, so whatever 36% of the FVF of $15. It's definately a ****** move by the seller, but if you're happy with the card then... shrug.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
How many of us, after taking negotiations to email, haven't sold a card off of eBay to avoid fees?

If I'm going through email with someone, especially someone on FCB, and we can work out a deal where they pay a few dollars less but I still make more than I would have with eBay fees...why not?

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Saves him the trouble of having to re-counteroffer for $52.00 or whatever and waiting for you to accept.

tehchamp

Feb 14, 2011
If he ships in a plain bubble mailer with nothing fancy, you technically could ding him on his shipping and leave 1 star there.

Latest posts