Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay rant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timryan111

Aug 12, 2008
I dont have many ebay issues and this may be me just being a ******. I sell a fairly high end card one week ago from today. I accepted an offer and sent an invoice immediately like I always do. I wait until 5 days and just send a message asking if he had an idea of when payment may be made, no rush, I was just curious. I get a message back saying "oh, I didnt know you accepted my offer, I am going to need some time." He has bought other items since I accepted his offer. Emailed him back just asking how much is some time. Havent heard back yet. How do you not see that an offer you made has been accepted? I dont get it. End rant.

IndyKMB

Jan 29, 2011
Central HoosierLand
I'd e-mail him back and point out that accepted offers generate an automatic e-mail. Give him a written deadline (maybe two more days) and then file a NPB if he does not pay by then.

paintingtheblack

Feb 11, 2009
I don't realize at times. If you're not watching the auction, you can't see that it has ended and your offer was accepted unless you go into your auctions won page. That beig said, youd think if your were offering on a 'fairly high end item' that you'd be waiting to see if it was accepted...if the offer was worth it I'd wait it out until he pays, if not, file a NPB and relist.

chromerookies

Aug 7, 2008
Madison, Ct.
I always wait 7 days after the end of an auction before I open a NPB which I feel gives the buyer more than enough time to get their money together.

autorook

Jan 30, 2011
California
Make sure to file non-paying if he doesn't pay.

Also change your ebay bidding setting to reject buyers who've had issues making payment on ebay.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
paintingtheblack said:
I don't realize at times. If you're not watching the auction, you can't see that it has ended and your offer was accepted unless you go into your auctions won page. That beig said, youd think if your were offering on a 'fairly high end item' that you'd be waiting to see if it was accepted...if the offer was worth it I'd wait it out until he pays, if not, file a NPB and relist.

This~

timryan111

Aug 12, 2008
paintingtheblack said:

When I log into ebay and go to my home page it tells me if and how many auctions I need to pay for. I dont get a message saying my offer has been accepted but It does say I need to pay for an item, I would assume it would be that way for everyone. I could be wrong though.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
timryan111 said:
paintingtheblack said:
When I log into ebay and go to my home page it tells me if and how many auctions I need to pay for. I dont get a message saying my offer has been accepted but It does say I need to pay for an item, I would assume it would be that way for everyone. I could be wrong though.
it is that way for everyone, and you get an email

timryan111

Aug 12, 2008
Not really worried, more annoyed. Just going to open a non paying bidder case. If he wasnt ignoring me I would work with him.

EricInCT said:
I wouldn't worry about it.

cstmleather

Jan 14, 2009
I call BS on the "I didn't know offer was accepted". Ebay now sends automatic payment reminders for items won/purchased. You should be able to see if Ebay sent any of these on your items sold page.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
I know that I get an email when my offer is submitted, my offer is acceted, and when I owe money. If the buyer fails to respond in a timely manner then let Ebay take care of it and file a NPB.

I have my account set up to do it automatically after four days I think. If a buyer asks for a little more time thats different, but faliure to contact me is entirely on the buyer. I am not a mind reader...except during the month of July, but only when its over 100 degrees, and only every other Sunday during the leap year-when the moon is full and blue-but only if the date ends with a prime number greater than 5. Even then I only have a success rate of approx. 11.6%.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Everyone thinks the email communications flow the same for everyone. You can control/set what emails come to your email address.

To say is it "BS" depends on your settings. He could very well be telling the truth.

timryan111

Aug 12, 2008
I know I dont get emails when an offer is accepted, but I do see it on my home page saying I need to pay for an auction. I dont know if that is customizable. Whether he is telling the truth or not, he is not giving me a timeframe. I told him I would work with him, just needed communication. Didnt hear back so opened a case.

EricInCT said:
Everyone thinks the email communications flow the same for everyone. You can control/set what emails come to your email address.

To say is it "BS" depends on your settings. He could very well be telling the truth.