Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone like Ruth? (Doesn't get much bigger than it.)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
hpqscan0001-2.jpg

Stitching:
Ruthstitching.jpg

hpqscan0002.jpg

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
great card, and if that's the one that just ended recently, you got a stupid deal on that!!

it sold for almost half of what the regular version /95 used to go for

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
chashawk said:
great card, and if that's the one that just ended recently, you got a stupid deal on that!!

The most recent /95 sale - [phil:1915w4xj]270710545202[/phil:1915w4xj] - what was the high for these?

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
masonphillip said:
chashawk said:

The most recent /95 sale - [phil:1ajz9rjf]270710545202[/phil:1ajz9rjf] - what was the high for these?
$3k+ on a regular basis

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
:shock:

great pickup! not sure what you've paid but holy wow...

i've never understood the "regular" vs "reverse negative"

if i do recall, the blue border is the reverse negative, right?

dave

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
daveyou said:
:shock:

great pickup! not sure what you've paid but holy wow...

i've never understood the "regular" vs "reverse negative"

if i do recall, the blue border is the reverse negative, right?

dave
Not sure what the deal with the reverse negative is, other than that the blue border is /24 as opposed to /95.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Great pick up.

I've never gotten around to actually pick one of those up, but have been meaning to do so for a while.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
brouthercard said:
Great pick up.

I've never gotten around to actually pick one of those up, but have been meaning to do so for a while.
Recently I've found myself focusing on the cards that I view as somewhat iconic, and realizing that if I'd not picked up other "lesser" cards I could easily have bought them earlier. In the case of this Ruth though, I may look to see what I can for it since it's a level of "high-end" that's a little higher than I usually work with and moving it could net a few nice, but lesser items, but I'm going to see. I wonder how many of these had stitching, I can't imagine too many.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
RL24 said:
Hello gentlemen,

The "reverse" name is a little deceiving, because it's not really reversed...

Regular
$(KGrHqZ,!l!E1F6jsUnVBNduTEnO6!~~_12.jpg

Reverse
$(KGrHqN,!lsE1F4rm,ISBNduVMdiK!~~_12.jpg

Good to know, thanks!

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
chashawk said:
masonphillip said:
chashawk said:

The most recent /95 sale - [phil:hhbon7rq]270710545202[/phil:hhbon7rq] - what was the high for these?
$3k+ on a regular basis
I was bidding on that one as well though I did not win it. Obviously there's a very finite amount of Ruth material to use in cards, and over the last few years it seems like jersey cards (as opposed to pants or general "memorabilia" ) are becoming a thing of the past. I think there's good reason to try to snag these sooner rather than later. For me, the /95 version is probably more reasonable a card for me to hold on to long term.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
I've never been able to snag one of these because I buy too much other stuff. The base version /95 is one of the few cards /50 and above I still need for my set. Btw, that is a very nice price for the reverse.