Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 Upper Deck Classics - Platinum. Players Collectors....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
Do you have yours?
They are #'d to 25 and very rarely show up anywhere.
I am still in pursuit of Jim Rice.

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
Is one of them Rice? :D

You know, I have busted about a case of Hobby and several retail boxes and never pulled a platinum.
I did pull a Ripken Fantasy Wood and got some good bank.
Tough product to find. I would love to find a case.

A_Pharis said:
I busted a few boxes of this back in the day. Pulled a Mantle Fantasy Team wood card that sold for $200. I have a few plats in my binder, I think.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
I think it was either a cut or a wood per case

Cheap boxes with cuts are always winners in my eye

A_Pharis

js0000001 said:
I think it was either a cut or a wood per case

Cheap boxes with cuts are always winners in my eye

I would have easily taken a cut over a wood. GOod thing I got the best one in the set. The wood was just random wood... some people were under the impression they were GU -- nope.

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
Wow, Paul good for you.
That was definitely a steal.
I have seen only 1 Rice and a set collector outbid me. I think that he ended up winning it for $34.

1st4040 said:
I've got the platinum..traded for it on Beckett over a year ago for like some $15 BV gu'ed which to me was a steal.

A_Pharis

klute14 said:
Wow, Paul good for you.
That was definitely a steal.
I have seen only 1 Rice and a set collector outbid me. I think that he ended up winning it for $34.

1st4040 said:
I've got the platinum..traded for it on Beckett over a year ago for like some $15 BV gu'ed which to me was a steal.

At one point I had a Babe Herman platinum and a Wynn platinum (according to my checklist from when I was doing the set). I remember selling them, but can't remember for how much. I don't think more than $10. I still have a very bronze, gold and silvers, though, including a silver Yaz RR (and also another silver RR)

bigalbert

Aug 7, 2008
I have the Ripken but I do not have it scanned, if I run accross it I'll throw up a scan.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Never heard of anyone believing the Fantasy Team cards were GU, but anything's possible. They were supposedly limited to 36 copies, and they're beautiful, and that I think contributes to their price. I'm one away from the complete set, so if anyone has any, pls contact me. Can't recall which one I'm missing ATM.

Members online

No members online now.