Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This Week's Hot List is live!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
I hope Marinaro doesn't read this thread. (Beato stash)

He's got other stashes of qualified candidates for the not-so-hot-list as well but that happens to any prospector of his magnitude...

Dustan has/had a ton of Beato as well.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
NECpilgrims8 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
whats with the Man Ram hate? lol

im sure if you looked hard enough, examples like that for a lot of players

+1

No hate on Manny in particular - however, it is a great example of how quickly a star can fade. Players that can keep value after reaching the pinnacle of their career and then retiring are very very rare (Ripken, Griffey and the like).

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
masonphillip said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
ThoseBackPages said:

+1

No hate on Manny in particular - however, it is a great example of how quickly a star can fade. Players that can keep value after reaching the pinnacle of their career and then retiring are very very rare (Ripken, Griffey and the like).

these are available for $8 all day long, if not cheaper:

[ebay:1b95nrpl]200559631779[/ebay:1b95nrpl]

as are his topps traded.

If this pissing on older former "popular" slabs is going to be a weekly thing, then thats fine. otherwise it just comes off as not right to single one card out like that. May i ask what prompted it?

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
masonphillip said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
ThoseBackPages said:

+1

these are available for $8 all day long, if not cheaper:

[ebay:21zocjnt]200559631779[/ebay:21zocjnt]

as are his topps traded.

If this pissing on older former "popular" slabs is going to be a weekly thing, then thats fine. otherwise it just comes off as not right to single one card out like that. May i ask what prompted it?

There has never been any methodology to the not-so-hot list, it is simply what pops into my mind at the time. In the past I've singled out formerly hot prospects like LaPorta, Maybin and others. So I chose to share the love with some other names.

I personally bought several of these Ramirez's a few years back for about $14 each, the PSA 9s and since, they've fallen, so they made the list.

And for what its worth, comparing the '89 Donruss to '92 Bowman probably isn't fair. The '92 Bowman is Manny's premium issue for that year, the '89 Donruss wasn't Griffeys for that year.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Its not like rooting for Manny was ever easy. Once the numbers fell off his prices followed. Others "liked" guys don't fall off as fast.

Members online

Latest posts