Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Crazy Variety Retail Break coming up this afternoon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
So i've heard Kmarts have a variety of older wax sitting around for 10-40-60% off original cost. I saw a Kmart in North Raleigh i'd never been to and cleaned them out :)

I had a great day at work so i decided to treat myself to a huge pile of 2006-2010 retail wax all at clearance prices

I've got:

1 Rack of 2008 Upper Deck Series 1 $1.99, was $4.99
5 Racks of 2008 Upper Deck Series 2 $1.99 each, was 4.99 each
1 blaster of 2008 Upper Deck Series 2 $14.99, not sure original
6 Racks of 2010 Upper Deck Full price $4.99 each
1 Blaster of 2010 Upper Deck Full price $19.99
1 Blaster of 2008 Upper Deck X $11.99 was $20
2 Blasters of 2007 Topps $5.99 each was 10
1 Blaster of 2008 UD SP $11.99 was 22
1 Blaster of 2008 Football Leaf Rookies & Stars $5.99 was $11
1 Blaster of 2008 Football Donruss Threads $5.99 was $11

All in all, i can't wait to dive in. I bought the discount packs to have a fun pack busting day, and i bought the 2010 Upper Decks at full price, because I believe this was their final release and there was some minor excitement over these cards. Either way, I'll be posting scans and breaks as the day goes by today.

I NEVER do retail breaks, or even hobby breaks for that matter. Wish me luck!

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Good luck on the 2010 Upper Deck. I've bought some recently, and eBay doesn't seem to give the inserts any love, though some are SP, and tough to pull. Any 2008 Timeline? I'm still crazy about that, but know I shouldn't dump anymore money into it!

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Well that was fun, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it was a poor use of money, but it was fun :)

Sorry for the delay, First off!

2008 Topps Blasters x 2 (6 packs each)

2 - 3 card KMart exclusive yellow border rookie card packs.
Best one was a Johnny Cueto,
Gold /2008 Micah Owings
2 presidential matchup cards McKinley / Jennings Bryan, and Cleveland/Brown
Topps Stars (refractor looking insert) Jimmy Rollins and Jake Peavy
Topps 50 year anniversary Dustin Pedroia, Troy Tulowitzki
Year in Review, Halladay, Branyan and Travis Buck
Mickey Mantle 1956 Reprint (awesome)
Base Cards, Cueto RC, Braun Topps Cup RC, Fielder, Griffey Jr. Randy Johnson (hitting?), Josh Hamilton,

Scans to follow lists.....

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
2008 Upper Deck X Blaster 10 packs

( i really enjoyed this product) Each pack came with a die-cut, and an insert. One pack had two die-cuts, one of which seemed like a "gold" die cut? Not sure yet.

Xponential Inserts: (Really sharp looking with etching, depth, and shiny-ness)
Xponential: Chris Young, Carlos Guillen, Manny Ramirez, Magglio, Russ Martin
Xponential^2 VMart, Dunn, Ryan Howard
Xponential^4 Soriano

Die Cuts,

VMart, Dye, Hamels, J-Upton, Felix, D-Lee, Crawford, Matsui, Dice-K, J-Hamilton,

Gold Die Cut

Clay Buchholz MLB RC (cool looking card)

Also, hit a Jersey Card..............

Hunter Pence Grey Jersey Swatch. (good looking card, really do like the look of this set. At $.99 a pack, i will buy more of this next time i see it).

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
2008 SP authentic 8 pack blaster:

Beautiful classic cards, Good price but not many cards per pack.

Base: Pujols, Griffey Jr
Authentic Achievements: Johan, Miguel Cabrera
Marquee Matchups: Dice_K vs Arod, & Utley vs Unit
Jersey card: Carl Crawford white swatch. (nice looking card, i think perhaps reminiscent of UD's first game jersey cards)

Not a bad break, but i probably wouldnt do this one again, even though you're likely to get a jersey card per blaster.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
6 Rack packs of 2010 Upper Deck
1 blaster of 2010 Upper Deck

Ok, i had no idea what I was looking for here. I had thought there were base card short prints like in 2011 Topps, but in reading up on them now, they're only mentioning things like the celebrity predictor cards and Sarah Palin, Pete Rose, things i would recognize if i pulled it. I got virtually NOTHING along the lines of even regular inserts in the rack packs, but then the blaster was chock full. I wish i had left the racks on the rack.

In summation: Rack packs,,,,,,,waste of 30 bucks
Blaster, Awesome:

Notable Base: Pujols, Mauer, Tulo, Miggy, Pedroia,

Tape Measure Shots inserts: Mark Reynolds, Ryan Howard, Adrian Gonz, Dunn, Nelson Cruz, Fielder, Inge, Magglio, Colby Rasmus, others

Portraits: Ryan Braun, Chase Utley

Biogrpahy: Lincecum, Longoria, Ichiro meeting Obama, Chooch Ruiz, Wade Davis, Kinsler, Renteria, others.

Celebrity Predictor: Gweneth Paltrow & Chris Martin (Coldplay)

Pure Heat (die cut) CC Sabathia

Beautiful photography, clean design, i'll miss UD.

All World (die cut foil) Carlos Lee

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
2008 UD series 2

5 racks ($1.99 each how can i go wrong?)
1 blaster (10 packs for $14.99, plus you get a USA Jersey)

Ok, so the rack packs............again terrible, nothing at all in these other than some Diamond Collection Inserts 2 per pack. I like them, they remind me of the 1994 Insert from Michael Jordan's rookie year. (It was a regional insert (East, Central, West. I still have the Jordan).

Then the blaster, I absolutely enjoyed.

Diamond Collection: McCann, Vmart, Ian Kennedy, Steve Pearce, Swisher, Mark Ellis, Micah Owings, Manny Corpas, Adam Laroche,

Star Attractions: Tom Gorzelanny.......star?......really? :)

Bunch of MLB RC's,,,,,nobody of note other than ALexei Ramirez the cuban missile.

USA insert base Card: Danny Espinosa. Only one of these in all the packs opened, they must be kinda rare???

Yankee Stadium Inserts, Tons of these: Moose Skowron, DiMaggio, Gehrig, Mattingly, Kevin Maas (ha), Don Larsen, Tino Martinez, Gil McDougald, Elston Howard.

Presidential Predictor: Obama as Varitek beating up McCain as Arod. Great card, very entertaining.

USA Jersey Card: Justin Smoak. Awesome card of a still promising player. Seattle won't help his power numbers, but he seemed like a legit hitter. Maybe he'll figure it out still.

Again, loved the blaster, hated the rack packs. At least in this case they were only 2 bucks a pop instead of 5.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
2008 Leaf Rookies & Stars Blaster $5.99 for 5 packs.........

not much here. got a Mario Manningham Die Cut card. Oooooooooooh Aaaaaaaah

2008 Donruss Threads Blaster $5.99 for 5 packs.

Demarcus Ware red Parallel,

Alex Brink Rookie QB for Houston? Serial numbered to 350

And a surprising hit, Jake Long Threads Rookie Jersey /500

Fun to try some football for 12 bucks, I probably won't do it again though. Adrian Peterson on the box cover was what got me :)

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
2 Rack packs of 2011 Topps (because i can't stop buying this stuff)

Diamond Duos: Utley/Rollins, Jeter/Larkin

Champions of Game Minis - Brett Anderson, Utley

Reprints: Gaylord Perry 1962, Jim Palmer 1982, Johnny Mize, Enos Slaughter 1941

Diamond Giveaway code card

DIamond refelction parallel: McCutchen, RA Dickey

Topps Veteran VIntage Alternate Short Print: Thurman Munson (love these)

Team Topps, Caro, Markakis

TOpps 60 years Cano, Gehrig,

MLB RC Chris Sale,

NOW THAT IS HOW YOU LOAD UP A PACK. I enjoy the base cards, i really LOOK at them and appreciate them because of the diamond sparkle chase, then you give me a TON of fun, attractive inserts.

thank you 2011 Topps. :)

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Mudcatsfan said:
Well that was fun, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it was a poor use of money, but it was fun :)

Sorry for the delay, First off!

2 presidential matchup cards Cleveland/Brown

I am probably the only one who wants this card out of all the breaks--which were fun to read through--this card I'd really like to have. It's a Cleveland thing. Not so easy to find all the presidential cards that feature Grover Cleveland.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
You bought the Series 2 Stars and Stripes edition. I have opened 2 blasters, and aside from the first one falling on the floor (slippery hospital couches) and dinging ALL of the cards, I really like those blasters a lot better than what I imagine a regular Series 2 would be.

As far as the USA card, I don't think they are really anything special... I got a few in my last blaster. They are cool looking though.

Latest posts